Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Stop GPS Tracking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don’t want to use the connected GPS function to track any activities on my Charge 3. My iPhone is getting tired and the battery life not up to constant tracking. How do I stop my Charge 3 constantly sending messages requesting I change location services settings to always allow use

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

From the home screen click 

Home Screen > Swipe Left > Choose exercise  > DON'T CLICK ON RUN > Swipe down > It will have the option Use Phone GPS (on or off)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

From the home screen click 

Home Screen > Swipe Left > Choose exercise  > DON'T CLICK ON RUN > Swipe down > It will have the option Use Phone GPS (on or off)

Best Answer

Thank, that’s done it, or a least it did once I repeated same steps for biking as well. Thanks again

Best Answer

What an awful design. My new Fitbit Charge 3 just burned through my Pixel's battery for no good reason.

Why do location services have to be turned on for sync to happen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How or where do I swipe left? That doesn't seem to work.

(Or alternatively, describe the home screen or how I get to it, please.)

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I came to this thread for the same issue. You need to swipe on the Charge 3 itself, tap exercise, choose run (or in my case, walk). Swipe up and the option to turn GPS on or off is there. Hope this helps 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

i just got the fitbit surge and i saw that by battery went down very quickly so i saw that if you had you gps out you can do around 6-7 days with it but how do i do that on a fitbit surge

Best Answer
0 Votes