Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reset Charge 3?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Howw do i reset day and on charge 3

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Hey there @Burrismj, it's nice to see you around! While reading your post I was wondering what you meant by resetting day and on Charge 3? 

Was your data not automatically reset after midnight? Your Fitbit device resets your data to zero each night at midnight. For most devices, your minute-to-minute data is stored in your tracker for up to 7 days without syncing. A daily summary of your activity is stored for up to 30 days.

While I wait for your reply, here are the steps on how to restart your tracker:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Looking forward to your reply. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

My Charge 3 just show horizontal bar after failed to finished intallation.

It is not responding now.

How to restart?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @LesterRyan! In order to restart your Charge 3, please follow the steps I've posted here

If your tracker is still showing the horizontal bar, can you please attach me a picture showing it? 

Looking forward to your response! Woman Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, it is working now... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit charge 3 will not reset. Followed the instructions. Its plugged in and battrs shows as 72%. Holding button for up to 20 sec at a time and no change, Tried numerous times. Can a reset be done via the PC?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What button are you all referring to? My Charge 3 does not appear to have one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's on the side of the fitbit to the left of the clock face .. looks like a depression

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 was syncing with both my iphone 5S and iPad and then three days ago stopped syncing. I have tried doing the recharge by holding the button for 8 seconds until the smiley face comes up but it is still not syncing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem to be having this problem as well. Connected to the charging cable and holding the side button for a long time but it doesn't reset. How did you fix your problem  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't managed to reset mine either. Frustrating!!!

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Haven't resolved this either.. 🙄

Carol
🙂

When it rains, look for rainbows :rainbow:, when it's dark, look for stars
Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 is also not syncing correctly I’ve had four Fitbit’s always been a bit flakey to sync but this one is now totally refusing to do it correctly keeps downloading only today not the day before and then loosing it.. won’t then sync to the challenge I’m in really really frustrating..l bought the charge after my ionic threw a wobbly in the pool and I had to have it replaced... Fitbit sort out your quality control . I love the app it’s whats keeping me with you but if I can’t get it to work I will start looking for new options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ps I did get it to smilie face but it didn’t make a difference

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit used to sync to my iPad and iPhone 7 but for some reason wont sync with my iPhone 7 anymore the Fitbit won’t pair with my phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried to reset fitbit several times but still getting a completely blank screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't get a vibration when I put my charger on. When I push the button in for 8 seconds, nothing happens except it goes back to the time screen. No vibration, no smiley face. Totally and thoroughly frustrated with this. I do have to use an adapter for the charging cable because my computer is a Mac with USB C. Could that be a problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

first of all every time I have to do this I find multiple processes and lots of times it doesnt work.   It is the one thing I really hate about the tracker.  I need a charge before I finsh my walk and I cant get it to charge

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to get my fitbit to show me the time on the screen I have it charged but it a black screen nothing comes up can someone tell me how to fix that

Best Answer
0 Votes

the whole reset thing is hit or miss for me. I wish they would just have a
reset slot because I push on the side button and nothing happens. after
about an hour it did start to charge but not because of the instructions,
Good luck

--
*Democracy Dies in Darkness- WAPO*

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes