Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off Fitbit Charge 4 ?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi  How do i turn off fitbit charge 4 ?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hi, You can’t turn off the Charge 4, it will eventually stop running. Best of luck with your new device!

Best Answer

internet tech pages says you are mistaken that you only need to put in charger and hold down for 10 seconds. there is even a video showing it being done

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SleepDeprived60 do you have a link to that page that you could share as I thought that only worked with the Charge 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit Charge 4 records massive calorie burns while riding a motorcycle, mowing the grass (on a rider mower!) or just driving a car. I burn more calories, and take more "steps" on a 1 hour motorcycle ride than I do on a one hour workout!  

Just need to turn it off, or disable it during those activities. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ridiculous that you need the charger to turn on/off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI have the same need, just bought a Fitbit charge 5 and wanted to 'store' the charge 4 in the usual 50% battery method to keep viable.

I know this worked on the charge 3, can we get a firmware update to allow this to work on the 4?

No device should be built wiithout being able to powerdown the device I mean how does the device come packaged? Its called saving the environment. I shouldn't need to charge A device I'm not using just to keep the battery from being damaged.

I shouldn't have to give the old device away just to have the same peace of mind.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  purchased a used charge 4 from a friend in another state and she forgot to disconnect it from her app. Is there any way for me to disconnect it from here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Scroll over to Settings, then scroll down to About, scroll down to Clear User Data

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can't
--
Michael B. Menaker
1827 W Choke Cherry Dr
Louisville, CO 80027
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do I do this in the app or on fitbit.com? Once I've added that Charge 4 to my account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

To delete the past user & return to factory settings, on the Fitbit device ( Charge 4) scroll over to Settings,(top to open)scroll down to About,(tap to open) scroll down to Clear user data,(tap to confirm).  Once the data clears you can set up the Charge 4 for yourself.

Best Answer
0 Votes