Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off my Charge 4?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't find the way to turn off Charge 4 in order to save battery. Why a device like this doesn't have the simplest function to turn off? It is my first time to use Fitbit and it is utterly disappointing

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

to power off, connect charger, hold button firmly for about 8 secs and line will appear and grow across screen. when it stops, disconnect charger. it is off. To turn on, just connect charger and wait a few seconds. Note, if you have a bad lithium battery it will likely still drain even if powered off.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @Kw046893 and @Kris227, thanks for the input.

I understand how are you feeling. I was able to see here that our friend @Kris227 provided information about your turn off inquiry. Was this the answer you were looking for? If it was, I recommend marking the answer given as the best answer. By doing this, other users with the same inquiry will be able to find a faster response.

Now, if your inquiry/issue wasn’t resolved, let me know and I will be glad to help you out.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wanting to turn it off while riding a motorcycle so it will not count steps with the vibration. Do I need to carry a power supply and the charger in order to do this?

Best Answer

I tried the recommended method and it didn’t work. I put my Charge 4 in the plugged in charged, pressed end held the side button fir at least 8 seconds. No “line” formed across the screen; only the battery icon. After 8 seconds, the screen went black, then the “smiley face” appeared for a few seconds, and the Charge 4 was back on.

There has to be a better way to turn this thing off, do it doesn’t have to be charging all the time I’m not using it.

Thank you.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, as it says here (https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1257.htm), if the device doesn't show up in the list (and Charge 4 does not), the device cannot be turned off.

Best Answer
Thank you for researching this and confirming that the Charge 4 cannot be
powered off. Wonderful technology 😞
Best Answer

I just decided to pack my Charge 4 up after use, continuous miscounts on my steps and calorie burn, I had enough. And the fact that you can’t then the device off makes it even worse. I’m returning mine back to where I bought it from and replaced it with a Series 7 apple watch. I guess you do get what you pay for…

Best Answer

Do u mean connect charger when charger is plugged in and turned on I have been told by fit bit to turn mine on and off today 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Charge 4 can not be turned off. The previous Charge 3 had this capability, but not the 4.

Best Answer
They know mine is the charge 4 so why did they tell me to do that if it's not possible lol strange xx

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

So we just have to let the battery die if not planning to use it for a while?  Doesn't seem like that would be too good for the battery. 

Oh well, I probably won't use it again anyway.  Was just hoping to shut it down properly in case anyone else wants it. 

Best Answer

Hello,

I read everywhere that I can not turn off Fitbit Charge 4.
The comment of Kris227 did not work, but I found out how it works (it works very similar to it):

1. Connect the charger to the bitbit chare 4 but do NOT connect the USB connector of the carge cable to a supply!

2. Press the botton and keep pressed

3. Connect the USB connector to a USB supply

4. At about 8 secs later a line will appear and grow across screen. when it reaches the end of the screen, release the botton and disconnect charger

Your Fitbit charge 4 is now turned off!

Turn it on again by connecting it to the cahrger (with is connected to USB supply)

Best Answer

I did that and it never shuts off. I just get the DND and SLEEP options

Best Answer

I described 4 steps to shut down Fitbit charge 4. 

At which step do you fail?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also tried your steps Patrick and can't get it to shut down. I assume you're pressing the side button and not the bottom (typo in your message?). How long are you pressing for before plugging in? I've tried pressing for 8sec and plugging in, and pressing and plugging in straight away neither of them shut down the device. Are you sure you've got a charge 4? All other research suggests it can't be shut down. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Mitch_f1,
sorry, yes, in step 2 you need to press the side button. This is not so easy because you have to press the side button through the hole in the charger.

I think I pressed the side button just a few seconds before I connected the charger to the supply.
I am sure that I had a Fitbit charge 4 (I already sold it).

That time I also thought that it is not possible to shut down this Fitbit, but I tried a lot an at the end it worked as I described it:

1. Connect the charger to the Fitbit chare 4 but do NOT connect the USB connector of the charge cable to a supply!
  2. Press the side button and keep pressed (This is not so easy because you have to press the side button through the hole in the charger)
  3. Now connect the USB connector to a USB supply
  4. At about 8 secs later a line will appear and grow across screen. when it reaches the end of the screen, release the button and disconnect charger

Your Fitbit charge 4 is now turned off!

Turn it on again by connecting it to the charger (with is connected to USB supply)

Best Answer
0 Votes

What button? When I put it on the charger there are no buttons to push. the sides are covered by the charger. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

At one side of the charger there is a hole. Connect the charger to the fit bit, so that this hole is at the psition of the side switch of the fit bit. It is a bit tricky to push the button through this hole in the charger, but it works!

FITBIT charge 4 charger.jpg

Best Answer

Patrick,

Thank you for sharing your excellent tip with photos. It works as you described!

Snowman :snowman:

Best Answer
0 Votes