Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the Strava-Fitbit integration works?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I go to the run option on the fitbit charge 2, I hold the button down until it buzzes and starts timing me..

when I finish my run I hold the button down again and it shows 'finish'...then sometimes it will show in my exercise as a map & highlights my route.. other times it just gives stats...when it shows a map it links to strava, when it just shows stats it doesn't.

I don't think I am doing anything different whe it does/doesn't show the map & route.. can you advise how I make it show the map EVERY time ?

(I'm doing a marathon soon, my battery dies on my phone if I keep strava on so I wanted to record it from my fitbit)

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@Angela_75  Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

I will assist you with your Strava integration. Only GPS activities will be synced with your Strava account as stated in their website. To record GPS activities with your Charge 2 you will need to use your phone's GPS chip. The feature is called connected GPS and you can read how it works here.

Wish you the best on your marathon, I know all your hard work and training will bear fruit in this challenge!

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I’m still struggling. Everything you said to check is as it should be.. my phone & Fitbit are always connected by blootooth, see below.. all excercises show ‘gps will NOT be turned on’ however sometimes it shows the map & links to strava automatically, other times it doesn’t show a map & I cannot force it to link/send information to strava..? 

76184D67-5282-4C4D-AE0C-55673DDB18E1.png

Best Answer
0 Votes