Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to replace a faulty Charge HR?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The wristband of my Charge HR split badly.  After sending photos I was asked to send my Fitbit from The UK to an address in the Netherlands, tracked, and at my expense after which my Fitbit would be replaced.  I have received confirmation from my delivery service that the item has been delivered to Fitbit over a week ago but still I have heard nothing regarding a replacement.  I have contacted Fitbit several times but just get fobbed off.  Is it usual to take so long?  I am now concerned that I have lost my Fitbit as well as having paid out a substantial sum in shipping costs.

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

I had the same issue with mine, I used their live chat and only had to take a photo of the broken tracker along with a reference number they gave me, I didn't have to send my old one back. They sent a replacement out really quickly, I think I got it within 4-5 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received this message in response to my latest query.....

'Upon reviewing your case information, we've confirmed that your package was delivered on January 19, 2017. At this moment we are waiting for confirmation from our warehouse that they received the package, once we get this confirmation, we will be processing your a replacement right away.'

So they are confirming that they have received my faulty Fitbit but until they receive confirmation then they cannot procede any further.  So which is it...have they received it or not??  Must say I am very disappointed in their customer service which I was led to believe was first class!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Allexie01 and good to have you here in our Community @j75wilko

Note that each scenario is different and is determined by our Support Team. In some occasion is require to follow other process and in other it will be like the example of @j75wilko.

@Allexie01 I wonder if you received your replacement? Note that this is handle by our Shipping team and if you were informed by our Support Team that your tracker was back in our warehouse, they need still confirmation from the Shipping team to proceed with sending a replacement. If by now you still has not received any response, please contact them back to give follow up to your case.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi there, around the same time as you I sent off my Fitbit chargeHR  to the Netherlands tracked and signed for, but am still awaiting any confirmation from Fitbit that it has arrived (although I've had confirmation from Royal Mail that it has). I was wondering if you've received your replacement yet or if you're still waiting? I'm feeling lost without my charge HR 😞 

thanks 

sammi

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sammi, yes I received my replacement eventually after many, many emails and live chats which I felt were rather useless.  It does seem a very tortuous, frustrating and expensive procedure you have to go through to get a replacement for a faulty gadget.  I won't be buying a Fitbit in future!  I hope your replacement arrives soon.

Alex x 

Best Answer

Hi there @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Fitbit Community. Good to see you too @Allexie01.

@Allexie01 I'm sorry the process has been to long for your replacement, although note that our Support team sometimes required additional information to evaluate your warranty status or other details to proceed. Nonetheless I appreciate all your patience.

How it goes for you @SunsetRunner? I was in contact with our Support Team. I got updates they were able to help you. I just want to give follow up with you to know if you don't have additional questions or you need more help.

See you around. You can find me around for more help.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I have exactly the same scenario now - they have received it in the Netherlands (it took a week to get there) but need their warehouse to confirm receipt?  It does seem ridiculous.  How long did it take after this for you to receive your replacement?  I've got so fed up waiting that I've bought a 2nd hand surge to keep me going in the meantime but I really miss my Blaze 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

i am in the same situation as yourself as i have been waiting 2 weeks now and ive emailed but had no response from them, im getting annoyed now about it , can anyone help me out please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the end totalled about 4 weeks for my replacement to arrive with me the Fitbit team were brilliant in advising me I do however think there needs to be somewhere UK based to deal with repairs as it's a hassle and a worry posting abroad. Xx

Best Answer

its shocking how long it takes and yes they defo need UK based for repairs as i just bought the fitbit charge 2 only 2weeks ago for it to be faulty then spend £10.15 too post to them in Netherlands and had not one reply from them, very bad customer service also too spend all that money in the first place, will not be using Fitbit every again as its very disappointing x 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks all for your replies.  I eventually received confirmation yesterday (2 weeks after the fault developed and a week after my Blaze had arrived in the Netherlands) that it had been received and a replacement would be dispatched.  I've sent my postal details and they have advised it will now be 7-10 business days before it arrives - if it takes 10 days it will be nearly a month since I first reported the fault. It's great that they replace the device but waiting a month for the replacement is not great...

Best Answer
0 Votes

its shocking how long they take to get back to you, i would be fine if they would just reply to my emails and let me know whats going on then i would be happy with this, thats good you will get it back soon x

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an update - at the end of working day 7 (they actuallly said it would be 5-7 working days, not 7-10 as I stated above) I contacted them again as nothing had been received.  I got a reply advising that the fitbit I needed - which they stated was black, large but is in fact black, small - was on back order and would not be shipped for 5-6 weeks and asked if I'd like to choose another colour.  I have replied, advised my current unit was small, not large and chosen an in stock colour but I'm wondering at what point they would have bothered telling me this had I not chased them.  I had heard great things about fitbit support but this is just inefficient and totally disorganised.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully your new one arrives soon! I had a similar issue in which they sent me a small charge HR when mines infact a large one so when I queried the dispatch note they said it was already shipped and I'd have to wait for it to arrive and send it back to them after refusing to wait they then sent a large out I received both and spent a further £10.15 on recorded postage sending the one they'd sent out incorrectly back to them, I was told once they'd received it I could have a refund on the postage but honestly I couldn't be be botherhed to chase it up I have a working unit and im thankful they replaced it as was lost without it 🙂 seems it's just such a hassle only having one place in Europe to issue returns/exchanges in faulty product.

sammi x

Best Answer
0 Votes

hiya yeah i have had word back and i should have my new fitbit in 7 to 10 working days so hopefully nothing else goes wrong and i get it soon. glad you got yours sorted and they defo should have a UK based department xx 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue here. I contacted Fitbit support and the even reply me that they has escalated it to the higher level of support. It has been about 2 weeks since I submit my replacement request. Fitbit support team was good at first but not until they replying my emails 2-3 days after. Yet, no concrete answers have received. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @Ven90I was happy to reach out to our Support Team and they were able to confirm that they're currently working to reach a resolution with you. There has been an update a few day ago regard your case so I recommend following up with them and then letting me know how it turns out.

Thank you for all your patience.

Best Answer

Hi 

i have sent my Ionic to Fitbit to a Birmingham address, I used the shipping label they sent me, it was sent via Royal Mail. 

Royal Mail tracker shows it as being delivered, 

i just wanted an idea on what the process is now and how long I could be waiting 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi mines took about 3 weeks to come back to me but mines got sent to the Netherlands x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes