Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync Charge 4 with a computer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I sync my charge 4 via fitbit dashboard on my laptop? Is it possible?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hey there, @Antgirl3.

The Online Dashboard on the Fitbit's website is for you to check the data that was synced through the Fitbit app on your phone and it doesn't have the option to sync or setup a device. You can get more details on how to sync your Charge on this help article.

Thanks for stopping by, see you around!

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!
Best Answer

@Antgirl3 

While you can't setup the device using a Laptop, it is possible to sync with a Windows 10 laptop after the tracker has been setup using a compatible smartphone.   You can then view the data in the dashboard using a web browser.  I don't know if Apple laptops offer the same functionality.

Search for Fitbit in the Microsoft Store and install it.  Login to the app using the same credentials you used to set the tracker up.  I would post a link, but not sure if it's allowed.

gdio53_0-1631140670822.png

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Antgirl3   If you choose to view your Fitbit data on your PC, you must know that the Fitbit app for Windows 10 hasn't been updated since 2019.  There are some features that do not appear on the Fitbit app for Windows 10.  The Sleep Score has been around for a while and is only available for Android/iPhone apps.  Health metrics and stress management are mobile app features, too.  I believe it is an unintentional quirk that devices can sync with a Windows 10 PC after setup.

@gdio53   Mac users need Fitbit Connect to sync.  None of Fitbit's current (and some older) devices are compatible with Fitbit connect.  There also seems to be a Bluetooth incompatibility between Fitbit Connect and Mac OS Catalina and Big Sur.  This impacts users of older devices.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am beyond frustrated.  I cannot sync my fitbit.  Can't do it on computer.  My phone is fine and does everything perfectly except it cannot connect after two years.  What is going on!?!?!?!?!?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KimberlyS246   You added on to an older thread.  Fitbit deactivated the Fitbit app for Windows 10 and Fitbit Connect in October.  You must use a compatible smartphone or tablet.  Sorry about the frustration.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes