Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off step goal notification?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you delete notifications?  I have notifications turned off but still get notification that I have X amount of steps to reach my goal. I don't need this, I know how many steps needed. Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Not sure if anyone from fitbit has replied, but I found the option to switch the steps notification off.  In the app, go to the versa and in the General area, there is a 'Reminders to Move' option.  Turn it off.  That stopped the reminders to do more steps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hey there @SuzCruz, thanks for stopping by! I can definitely help you out. Smiley Very Happy

Don't forget that you can choose to receive certain Fitbit notifications directly on your phone or by email. Notifications include low battery warnings, step goal milestones, new badges, friend requests, messages from friends, challenge invitations, and more—including a weekly summary of your Fitbit stats and periodic updates about Fitbit products.

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon.
  2. Choose Settings > Notifications and select Mobile or Email for each type of notification.
  3. Click Save.

PS: This option is only available on fitbit.com online dashboard, not Fitbit app. 

Let me know if this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

This doesn't work.  I get a 10,000 step notification still, and sometimes it goes off while I'm in the middle of a tennis match.  

Best Answer

Try setting the Steps Activity Goal to a much higher number. I set mine to 100,000; as I usually won't hit that many in a single day unless I'm bush-walking.

I found this setting could be changed via the "cog" of the steps histogram in the main phone app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The question is about notifications on the fitbit, not about email/mobile notifications. 

Best Answer
As was my answer. Much of the fitbit's behaviour is managed from its mobile
app. Whilst a work-around for a missing toggle on the fitbit; I am not
speaking hypothetically as this is precisely the method I have used to
silence fitbit's needless positive reenforcements.
Best Answer

Apologies- that reply was meant for MarreFitbit. Thanks for the workaround .

Best Answer
0 Votes

The question was never answered by the moderator. Is there a way to stop having the Fitbit (Charge 3 in my case) notify about progress toward the steps goal? Talking about the Fitbit itself, not texts or emails.

Best Answer

I'm right there with tvoiles on this.  Many of the step notifications I have received have been spurious/inaccurate.  I have had to  (try to, anyway) delete everything having to do with any notification for anything to stop the "buzzes" for completely inaccurate step notifications.  I shouldn't have to do this!!

Best Answer

Not sure if anyone from fitbit has replied, but I found the option to switch the steps notification off.  In the app, go to the versa and in the General area, there is a 'Reminders to Move' option.  Turn it off.  That stopped the reminders to do more steps.

Best Answer

I have the inspire HR and the option to turn off the 'reminders to move' was available on the web fitbit site but not on the mobile app. I just did it so hopefully it worked! I had a concussion and want to monitor heart rate to control/ work towards decreasing symptoms not to increase fitness in the conventional sense so I don't want any type of notification sent to the fitbit causing it to buzz.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU! The step reminder is the most annoying feature, and I hate how hard it was to find the information to turn it off. Thanks for sharing a real solution to this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg! Thank you!

Step notification was really annoying 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The question is still not answered. How do I turn off the notification on my fitbit saying that I have reached my step goal?

I want to keep my goal, but I don’t want buzzes on my arm when I reach it!

Best Answer

I also have this question. I hate being in the middle of a run, want to check my pulse and Fitbit tells me “congrats you have reached your active minutes goal”, blocking any other info on screen. I don’t want to receive this info; especially not on a run. I want a clean interface that gives me the info I want when I want it. Please take care of this Fitbit!

Best Answer

It drives me insane when I'm in the middle of a run and my fitbit starts buzzing like someone is calling me. And of course the crap display is barely bright enough to see in daylight so I usually have to stop to shield the display from sunlight only to see some fireworks bull**ahem** about reaching 10 or 20k steps. I don't give a crap about steps, how is there no way to turn this "feature" off??

Best Answer

It does not work... Since, it does not answer the question either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I strongly agree! I've been shocked at how terrible the interface is.

Best Answer
0 Votes