Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn timer off on Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

how do I turn the timer off?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MelissaBaum  Are you trying to stop the timer or just trying to get to the timer function?

If you're trying to get to the timer function, simply swipe left on the Charge 3 screen and you'll see the "Timers" and "Alarms" screen.

If you're trying to stop a timer or clear it off your screen, you just need to tap the left button and then tap a few times to return to the home screen

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29

Welcome on board @geenee57, it's nice to see you here! 

Time events with the stopwatch:

1. On your device, open the Timer app.
  2. If you used the timer previously, tap or swipe right to choose the stopwatch feature.
  3. Tap the play icon to start the stopwatch.
  4. Tap the pause icon to stop.
  5. Tap the reset icon to reset the stopwatch.

Keep track of elapsed time with the countdown timer:

1. On your device, open the Timer app. 
  2. If you used the stopwatch previously, tap or swipe left to choose the hourglass icon.
  3. Tap the screen and then scroll to set the timer. 
  4. Press the back button to return to the countdown screen. 
  5. Tap the play icon to start. Your device flashes and vibrates when the time allotted is done. 
  6. Tap the check mark icon or press the button to stop the alert.

Note that the stopwatch and timer can run at the same time. 

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I am sure fitbit have made it much simpler to stop a paused timer instead of restarting it. How confusing. 👎

Update: OMG, not my day, trying to edit my reply and can I do it - No.

Meant to say Fitbit could have made it easier to stop a time. LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome here @SunsetRunner, thanks for jumping in here! For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Your welcome email is appreciated. Thank you. I will take up the offer of making suggestions to make fitbit charge 3 the the first choice of fitness tracker for people. I am migrating from Vivosmart HR+ to fitbit charge 3, so can’t help comparing.

On the subject of the timer, where does it show on the dashboard ?

I am trying to use the timer function to monitor my indoor Rowing activity. My idea is to edit the timer activity and add indoor rowing.

So, if you can let me know where the timer is displayed on the dashboard, I’ll be grateful.

Kind regards

Gems1

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @SunsetRunner! The timer is not reflected on the Fitbit app. You can add this on our  Feature Suggestions board.

If you want to track Rowing, I'd recommend using the shortcut "Workout" and then you can change the name to "Rowing". Woman Very Happy

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand how to stop the timer and reset it back to 0 s, but I can't remove the timer off of my fitbit screen ?  Any ideas out there ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @DaveSnyds! There's no way to remove the Timer on your Charge 3 as you'd like to. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am quite confused. When I tap the screen on my fitbit it doesn't allow me to go to the timer app, it just lets me scroll through the timed info such as heart rate,cals, fat burn, etc. I cannot get out of this area to stop the timer. I have the charge 3 special edition.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MelissaBaum  Are you trying to stop the timer or just trying to get to the timer function?

If you're trying to get to the timer function, simply swipe left on the Charge 3 screen and you'll see the "Timers" and "Alarms" screen.

If you're trying to stop a timer or clear it off your screen, you just need to tap the left button and then tap a few times to return to the home screen

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. 😀

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @MelissaBaum , thanks for jumping in here! While reading your post I was wondering the same than @Heather-S. Is that what you're asking for? Smiley Very Happy If so, please follow her steps.

Additionally, I'd recommend taking a look at the following articles in case of doubt:

I'm glad to read that some of the steps provided along this thread helped you @SunsetRunner! Man Happy

We'll be around, keep us posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those of you like me who were still baffled, to stop the timer / stopwatch you must:

1. Gently tap (not push) the left physical button.  If you push it, you'll be taken to another random menu that has nothing to do with the timer.

2. Gently tap (not push) the left physical button again.  (There is a scrolling tip that indicates this, but you generally can't read it before the screen turns off).  If you push it, you'll be taken to the same random menu.

3. Select the "Finish" icon in the upper part of the screen.

There are a lot of ways to mess this up, and this is the silliest UI design I've come across in a long time.

Best Answer

Not working,

There is no pause button on my watch. Just a clock with a rectangle inside and the timer keeps going. I keep tapping it and nothing is happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @JWinGB! I can finally turn off the timer. I've never started it intentionally, but seem to keep accidentally starting it. I agree with you on the UI. Not remotely intuitive. 

Best Answer

I tried everything mentioned above and have read all the articles. My fitbit randomly started keeping time like a stopwatch, and I can't turn it off. I have lost my familiar looking home screen, and it won't seem to let me swipe left or right or top to bottom. When I tap the screen or the left button, it just goes through the clock, steps, calories, heart rate, etc... with that annoying timer continuing along the bottom of every screen. When I try holding the left button, I just get the screen showing screen wake and notification features. I can't swipe anywhere from that one screen. It's like it's frozen or something. So frustrated! Any advice? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do i turn the timer off?  I tried tapping the button on the left and tapping my screen.  I was able to get back to other features, but the timer continued.  I tried holding the button in 2 sec, same result.   I tried pushing the pause arrow first, then the left button, to no avail.  After 18 min it decided to give me a Finish flag, which I pushed.  I had actually finished my activity, a brisk dog walk, several minutes ago.  It seems to think I am running and is timing my runs for me, which I don't want, but fails to notice when I am seated in my chair hunting for stop answers on the internet.

Best Answer

Thank you for that classification, I had no idea there was even a "touch" button on the left side! 😅🤦 & Now I'm back to my home screen and can stop the alarms! 🤣

Best Answer
0 Votes

to turn off, keep pressing left button till you get to ‘Home’ screen.

to change countdown period

Press pause icon II

SWIPE UP

Press circular go back icon

Touch the displayed countdown time

swipe up or down to get to your desired countdown period.

good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Had not been able to reset my stopwatch back to zero and your directions worked. So easy when you know how. 

Best Answer
0 Votes