Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update way outdated Charge 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve recently restarted wearing my Fitbit charge 2 (or charge HR) after not wearing it for about 4 years. It’s working great considering, but I am constantly being prodded to update (I’m on v 22.55.2), yet it refuses to update for me.

None of the instructions I’ve found are working. I’ve restarted, unsynced and resynced… I haven’t done a factory reset yet.

Anyone one have any similar experience/insight that could help me?

Thank you!

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Need more info.  "prodded to update" - what kind of prod are you getting - wording? on phone app? to update firmware or phone app? And what are you trying, and how is it refusing?  Specifics.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m experiencing exactly the same issue as ozorio and the message I got is:

Charge 2 update available. A firmware update is available for your Charge 2. Update Tracker.

When I click on that, nothing happens. What are we doing wrong?

Best Answer

From the Charge 2 manual 

JohnnyRow_0-1692568850712.png

Sorry, if it's not working like that, I have nothing else, other than it might take a while to get going since it's all over bluetooth and have to keep tracker close to phone.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Have tried restarting both iPhone and Charge 2. Stuck on Version 22.54.6 and keep getting update reminders. Device seems to work fine.

Best Answer