Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interval Timer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello I was wondering how to use the interval timer on the charge 2? It allowed me to set up the times but how do I actually use the shortcut?
Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hi, @Keyah, once you have set the interval, go to your Charge 2 and keep pressing the button until you come to the exercise shortcuts menu.  Then tap the screen until you see "Interval workout".  When you are on the screen, press and hold the button and you will see the stopwatch start to count down the "move" interval.  At the end of the time it will vibrate for the rest interval, and will contnue to cycle through. It seems to be set for 13 intervals.  I don't think this is changeable, but you can, of course, stop at any time, or repeat for a longer workout.

Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

It's nice to see you in the Community @KeyahWoman Wink My friend @Julia_G is right, intervals are any exercise that alternates between intense bursts of activity followed by periods of lower intensity activity or rest.

As you may know, before you start your workout, you can set the length of the intervals and the total number of rounds you want to complete. You can choose from these three ranges:

• Move period: From 10 seconds up to 19 minutes, 59 seconds
  • Rest period: From 10 seconds up to 19 minutes, 59 seconds
  • Repeat (total number of rounds): One to 49 times

Keep in mind the interval lengths and total number of rounds you set will remain as the default options until you change them. If you do the same workout often, you don’t need to set the intervals each time.

Your tracker will vibrate and you’ll see the word “move” on your screen when you should begin moving. When it’s time to recover, your tracker will vibrate again and you’ll see the word “rest” on your screen. This pattern will repeat until you’ve completed all rounds.

During your workout, the following interval stats are displayed on your screen:

• Countdown of the time left in your current round
  • Number of rounds that remain in your workout
  • Total time left in your workout

You can view other real-time stats including your heart rate and estimated calories burned by tapping your tracker during the workout.

And then, you can see a summary of your workout including your total time, max heart rate, and estimated calories burned in your exercise history.

Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
But how do you get it to the shortcut menu in the first place?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@littletoni If you don't have the Interval option on your Charge 2, you can add the exercise shortcut to your device by following the instructions listed here.

After you've added the shortcut, you can edit and track interval workouts by following the instructions listed here.

Hope this answers your question!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

You explanation was excellent, ty.  I am in my 2nd week owning a Fitbit device and I love it.  I have 2 issues to discuss.   My first problem is that ... I perform 3 circuits (1 min segment/ 1 minute rest x 5 = 1 Circuit) (2 minute rest between circuits) during my interval workouts and noticed today that the device will only track 1 circuit at a time.

Am I going to have to settle forever with only being the recording of one circuit at a time and not the recording of the complete workout?  The recording of these rest periods are important in final data evaluations and should be included. 

Secondly, the vibration/ visual warning, during stationary rowing looking at your watch is almost impossible and your vibration/ audio alert is lacking in intensity and volume, I had no idea the minute was up or beginning.

I would suggest simply adding the option for the user to repeat the interval session X # of times.  So my Interval Tracker would read:

(1 minute work/ 1 minute rest) x 5/ (2 minute rest)/ Repeat 3 times = Total 34 minute workout

Currently I am forced to 3 logs of the same event, no fun there.  I can see myself days being so tired forgetting to re-start the device to begin the next circuit.  Would be much better to start the device/workout once and onetime to end the workout/device.

Now I will admit that looking at my request I am asking for a lot.  I did not think it would be that complicated.  But please understand, from a training perspective the data of the 2 minute break between is essential to measure recovery.

Best Answer

I have been using the interval workout for a little while now. Today when I went to use it, the baseline display only showed the total time left in the workout, not the number of rounds remaining in the workout. Even when cycling through heart rate, time etc, I cannot find the number of rounds anymore.

Suggestions for how I can get this back on my display would be great!

Thanks,

Jenny

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. I presume it was pushed out in an update. I want the old display back. I run in intervals and turn around when I hit the half way mark. The old way clearly identified when I needed to turn. Now I have to do math and try to remember the number of rounds I am doing that day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem to have fixed mine by resetting my fitbit!

Best Answer
Thanks! I tested this idea. It seems to have worked as long as I don't pause my interval workout with a single button press. If I do that, when I restart the timer, it reverts to the total time remaining view it had before. Do you see this too?
Best Answer
0 Votes

The first time I tried using it after resetting that happened too. But then it seemed to be fine the next time. I haven't used it in a bit but I'll keep a look out for next time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar issue with the interval workout: I agree it is too simple.

I need to be able to start a rest time that then expires after a set amount of time and then I do my next set of reps. The interval workout only works if the workout time and the rest times needed are predefined amounts of time. Often times with weight training the workout time is not a hard set amount of time but the rest time is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, this isn't working for me. When I start my Interval Timer the timer starts and just keeps going even though it's set for a move period of 30 seconds and a rest period of 10 seconds It doesn't vibrate at the end of 30 seconds as I'd expect it to... Trillium doing something wrong I just don't know what. Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have resolved to use the interval timer app on my phone when I row. You can see the timer and has alarm you can hear.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can someone help me find out how to cycle between the number of rounds remaining in my workout and the total time remaining in the workout? I’m talking about the info that appears on the lower part of the HR2 when doing interval training.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I thought you simply tapped the device to switch display when in interval
mode.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not to switch between the number of rounds left and total remaining time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  I would like to know that how many intervals I have left remaining ie 20/40.  It all of a sudden started displaying the time I have left.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to reset it so it would display the remaining rounds, I don’t think
that switching between remaining rounds and remaining time is something we
can control
--
Carlos Beltrán
Best Answer
0 Votes

En hoe kan ik mijn interval later nog eens terugkijken. 1 x kijken kan. Maar wil later kunnen vergelijken

Best Answer
0 Votes