Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 doesn't count all my steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Same here - I am ready to deep six this. The health app on my iPhone does much better and is accurate. My NEW charge 2 doesn't record as I walk but maybe 10 minutes later will add a whole pile of steps. 

Moderator edit: Subject clarified

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @suekocy, hope you're doing great! Woman Very Happy Please take a look at this post to see how accurate your Charge 2 should be. Along to that, check this one in regards to SmartTrack and auto-activities not being recognized. 

Hope that helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. Got the same problem with my new Charge 2. Seems to be counting fewer steps than my phone which I used before. So to test this I went on a walk and counted my steps (never again!). The results were - counting 5269, phone 5230, charge2 3838. This is way out. I've checked my height and handedness are correct. The stride length looks right. I think I walk fairly normally - I didn't have my hands in my pocket or anything.

What can you suggest?
Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @AndyStyp! If you have checked the articles I provided to make sure all the settings are properly set, I'd suggest restarting your Charge 2 by following these steps and then you can try setting it up as a new device, here are the steps:

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard.
  2. At the top of the page click Log > Activities.
  3. Hover your mouse over the activity you'd like to edit or delete. You will see three icons appear on the right side of the activity.
  4. To edit the activity:
    1. Click the pencil icon and edit the duration, distance, or start time.
    2. Be sure to click Update.
  5. To delete the activity, click the trash can icon.

Keep me updated! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I have a problem when pushing a trolley my charge 2 does not count steps, so annoying my old fit bit used too count them, I cannot push s full trolley with one hand.
Best Answer

It's nice to see you around the Community @helen68If you're doing something like pushing a stroller or shopping cart, your wrist-based tracker will count your steps but the total may be slightly lower than usual.

See this post to get more information about the accuracy of your Charge 2.

Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

I have the same problem;  I walked over 5 miles and Fitbit registered only about 5,000 steps.  Should be closer to 10,000.

Manually changing my activities seems to defeat the purpose. I expect Fitbit to capture it correctly.

Best Answer

I just walked for 15 minutes straight for fitbit inspire hr to capture 14 steps.   Its also saying im up at night for hours when its not true.   Im about ready to smash this thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes