Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Charge 2 waterproof

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I would like to know if the charge 2 is waterproof if I go for a swimming 

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

From the manual:

"Water Resistant
Splash proof. Do not shower with the device or
submerge it in water."

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

No, the Charge 2 is NOT waterproof.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From the manual:

"Water Resistant
Splash proof. Do not shower with the device or
submerge it in water."

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
Thank you
Best Answer

I accidentally left my charge 2 in my track pants and my wife put them in the washing machine and dryer. However it survived the whole process unaffected! I’m still using it no issues whatsoever, just got lucky I guess.

Best Answer

Swim with mine all the time never have had an issue!

Best Answer

I do dishes with mine on all the time and also wear in pool have never had a problem

Best Answer

I would say that it is waterproof. Ive accidentally put mine in the laundry machine and it came out (clean) working perfectly fine. 😂

Best Answer

No, it is not waterproof. However, I did not know about it and took a shower and swam with it (including some diving up to 3m) over the last year and nothing has happened.

Best Answer

@Anna_Kesselman @MasterOfSteps A warm welcome to our Community! I would like to clarify that the Charge 2 isn't waterproof. According to the help site: "All Fitbit trackers and watches are water-resistant, which means they are rain-proof and splash-proof and can stand up to even the sweatiest workout. You can swim or shower with select Fitbit devices".

It is great that your tracker wasn't damaged after an accidental splash or submersion but please be careful so you don't damage it.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wear mine in the shower, swimming and doing the dishes for 2 years now. And never had an issue  

Best Answer

@BethanyA0982 Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Wow thank you for sharing your experience. You have a tough little tracker with you. Still please take the appropriate precautions to avoid damaging it since it isn't recommended you wear your tracker for these activities you mentioned.

I'll be around!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My friend has a Fitbit charge 2 and swims with it all the time and it has never buffered

Best Answer

@Erin_Cradden It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the late reply. Are you sure it is a Charge 2? It could be a Flex 2 or even a Versa or a newer Charge 3 that can be used while swimming. The Charge 2 could be damaged if your friend wear's it while swimming also it doesn't have the ability to detect swim sessions.

I'll be around.

Best Answer

I have been showering with mine on everyday for the last 2 weeks with no issues, but now I will start taking it off...thought it was waterproof..I love it so I don't want to risk damaging it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ceegurl33 Thanks for being part of our Community! 

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please do take care of your Charge 2. As you mentioned the tracker isn't water resistant or proof so it isn't recommended that you bathe with it. 

I'll be around.

Best Answer

Hi I forgot to take it off and swam with a Charge 2 and no problems. I've had mine over 4 years its definitely a Charge 2!

Best Answer

Same! Washed mine accidentally and it works fine.  It also has a crack on the face. Thought it was done for sure.  But it’s still working. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit  Community, @Mungin66. Thank you for letting us know that your Charge 2 is still working. Mine is still working too and I'm not that careful while washing my hands.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do NOT go swimming with it. I used my watch in the pool and like after a month of swimming my screen went crazy and it broke and shutdown

Best Answer
0 Votes