Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues installing new clock face on Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When attempting to change the clock face from the app on my iPhone it searches for a few minutes then says failed to install. I have restarted my phone and the Fitbit.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Same thing was happening to me. I had to update the Fitbit app on my phone. After I did that, I was able to change my clock face. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Same thing was happening to me. I had to update the Fitbit app on my phone. After I did that, I was able to change my clock face. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Am using an Android phone and the tracker has been updated to the latest version. The original clock display is also not getting installed now. 

Best Answer

My app is up to date but the clock face still won’t install. The watch tells me to try a different clock face (which is what I want to do) but the only options on the app are ‘continue’ or ‘try later’, there is no option to cancel - I am very annoyed!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @adrenalinjunkie.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this clock face inconvenience and would like to know if you keep having this problem? Have you tried the tip provided by our friend @Michelle1350? Are you receiving any type of error at the moment of changing the clock face?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to me.

Everything - my iOS, my App and my watch - is up to date.

I have uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it, same problem.  I have reset the watch using a long reset, 15 seconds, but it made no difference.

The watch tells me "Clock error. Go to the Fitbit app and try another clock", the app tells me there has been an error installing and I can try again now or later.  If I try to install a different clock face it tells me that I have to wait until the other one has installed - ie I'm just going round in circles!

I rang the support number this morning but so far they haven't been able to help either.

I've only had the watch 1 week and was doing well with it, now I am fed up!

Best Answer

I appreciate your participation in the Community @adrenalinjunkie.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with your clock face installation.

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let me know if there's anything I may do to assist you in the meantime. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my brand new Charge 3

Best Answer

They emailed me this morning to say they are going to replace the 'pebble' ie the bit between the straps!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I purchased mine from HSN on January 7th so I'm returning it since it seems to be a problem with this model and 7 have 30 days.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Was the installation of the new clock face issue finally resolved.  I'm having the same problem and think I have tried all the solutions. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, it wasn't resolved, they are going to change the watch for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, back to Kohl's with my receipt! Darn!

Sent from Sue's iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Charge 3. A few days ago I switched clock faces, with no problems. I tried to switch back yesterday...and now it's completely stalled. I've uninstalled the app on my Android phone, reinstalled it, shut down, restarted, restarted my Charge 3...and I'm still being run around in circles.

Has anything worked for anyone out there in Android land?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi adrenalinejunkie,

Could you share the contact phone number that you used to get the new pebble/talk to a real person? I'm having the exact same problem as you are. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called a help number I found on the website and the person got me squared away with the new clock face. I will never attempt to change it again.
Now my problem is getting it to sync with my ipad without having to reboot the ipad which doesn't always work.

Sent from Sue's iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing.  Just bought it tonight to replace my Alta HR and not happy.  Will call.  If not resolved, may have to fully become an iPeople. 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

have the latest update of the fitbit app, just bought charge 3 and unable to change the clockface..

ALso trouble with it Syncing as ongoing like my Charge 2 did

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes, still having trouble..I have just placed the fitbit app on phone when I bought the charge 3..it is very annoying..

Also having issues with syncing the watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you update the app. I thought it was updated. I have tried for days to get a new clock face but just get the endless loop like it can’t sync. Help I hate this clock face

Best Answer
0 Votes