Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I charged and updated the Charge 3

It has "updated" 3 times. The device is unresponsive to swipe or hepatic touch unless it's plugged in and charging. I've reset it, paired it, unpaired it, and set it up repeatedly. Sometimes pressing the button makes it vibrate continuously; usually not. Sometimes an 8 second press will reset the device; usually not.

I guess it needs to be returned for a replacement unless someone has another fix.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had already restarted more than 3x. It ran an update 3x. It's being replaced.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Welcome tot he forums!

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If that doesn't help Contact Support.
http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had already restarted more than 3x. It ran an update 3x. It's being replaced.

Best Answer

Glad to see your post.  I have had my Charge 3 for a full day worked on day one until 10pm.  Doesn’t sync, notifications aren’t coming through and I can’t set-up as a new device after deleting it trying to solve the problems.  I will be calling tomorrow and I guess I am back to my old tracker.  Very disappointed but glad it isn’t just me.

Best Answer

Issue resolved.  I had to clear my data in settings and then setup my device again.  Now I am getting notifications and my data is synced 👍  very excited to get this resolved.

Best Answer
I returned mine. May go back to Versa. Good luck!

Patrice
Best Answer

I am VERY disappointed with the Charge 3. This was my first ever Fitbit I pre-ordered, I am a struggling college student and wanted this as a way to get in shape and keep track of my health. I have been unable to use this product due to the unresolved issues. The update I downloaded let me use it off the charger for one day. Now it went back to not turning on and going black, I am very frustrated with this product as I chose it carefully when deciding on a fitness tracker. They are now asking me to send this back and wait even longer for a "possible" fix. Really bummed.

Best Answer

I returned mine. Couldn't synchronise with my phone, having to restart the fitbit a couple of times. Sometimes it turned off being fully charged. I got a new one as a replacement and in this case, after one hour the screen went black, the fitbit was actually working, counting steps, measuring heart rate, etc. but the screen was completely black, I couldn't even see the time.

I was wondering if I just had bad luck or if something is actually wrong with this new fitbit...

Best Answer

2nd one. Both times loses sync and screen goes black when fully charged but continues to count steps

Best Answer

Same issues. It just goes blank. Or drains really quick. Never had these issues with the charge 2. This reminds me of the jawbone. Terrible. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggested fix. Did this resolve the issue fully or has it recurred? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

What fix? I am not sure what you are referring to. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Greg. Quite correct - I wasn't responding to you. I'm new to this forum and didn't quite understand how it worked. I was actually trying to respond to Mama PJ. Sorry. I've just got my Charge 3 and am experiencing the same issues as described. I can't pair it. I'm working my way through all the solutions suggested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just purchased my FBC3 from amazon and I have similar responsiveness issue.  FBC3 sometimes responds to wrist flick or button press.  Sometimes it is unresponsive for long periods of time.  It has installed one update so far.  Is this a software or hardware issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue with my new Fitbit Charge 3.  I've tried re-setting it more than 3x.  I went back to the store to get a replacement.  I'm on my second Charge 3 and in a few days, it is happening again.  I'm probably returning it versus replacing it now.  I've had Fitbits before; I'm disappointed with this model. 

Best Answer

Bought the Versa.  I like it but am disappointed that the Quick Reply isn't working.  I bought and returned 2 of them hoping I would get one that worked.  Fitbit needs to find a fix and uodate!

Best Answer

Hi Maggie,

I have not had any additional issues after the fix.  It did take several full restarts but my Fitbit has worked perfect ever since and I don’t even need to charge it often (1x per week at the most).  

It does take a lot of patience as I was extremely frustrated to start but I really love it now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello--I saw an upgrade on the app that I synched my Charge 3 to late last week, and my Charge 3 was working great, but yesterday morning, the app indicated that Fitbit was down for maintenance ( I log my water intake in to insure I meet my daily goal, then manually sync). Ever since this maintenance happened yesterday, my Charge 3 does not track my sleep, or my water intake, even though I update the water intake as done, then sync it manually (I've even rebooted the unit numerous times yesterday evening and today).  I have restarted my charge 3 numerous times, still no luck.  I've had this item since December 16, and have been very frustrated with it not giving information that it is supposed to.  I'm thinking about returning it today and getting a different device, not by Fitbit.  One more try to uninstall/reinstall on my phone, then see if that works.  Not happy at all with this item!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you mean clear your data in the app on your phone from a previous model?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck.  They replaced mine and the second one is worse than the first one.

Best Answer