Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Charge 2 Update vibrate on guided breathing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Oh no!!! You've ruined guided breathing for me with the new update! The vibrating cue for each breath is so incredibly irritating. I used to drift off to sleep watching the sparkles and now my wrist is buzzing like an annoying mosquito. Is there a way to switch the vibration off? Please tell me how to get it back the way it was before the update...you've killed off one of my favourite Fitbit features.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
That's great that you like it...but it's not for everyone, which is why an option to switch it off in the next update would be so appreciated. It should be an easy fix, surely?

Sent from my iPhone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hey @Tknight, it is great to see new members around the Community! Yes, this is one of the new features that were implemented to the Charge 2 with the recent firmware update and no, there is no way to turn off that option. The only thing you can edit from the guided breathing sessions, is the duration (2 or 5 minutes). And well, in my opinion, is not that bad, it helps me more to keep the rhythm. 🙂 However, I appreciate your feedback. 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
That's great that you like it...but it's not for everyone, which is why an option to switch it off in the next update would be so appreciated. It should be an easy fix, surely?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to me @Tknight! Yes, I understand that not all of you agree with this new implementation to the guided breathing sessions. On the other side, I think it could be a good idea if you have the option to switch off the vibration, for those users that didn't like it. You can suggest it on our Feature Suggestions board. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

Personally, I like the vibrations, because it means I can close my eyes and I know when to inhale or exhale. But I understand it could annoy some people.

Best Answer

omg i hate it SOOOO MUCH!its one of the main reasons i got a charge 2and its now totally ruined for me! seriously can they please tell us how to turn it off-it raises my blood pressure and heart rate!horrible feature!

Best Answer

its anxiety producing. its not what i signed up for and has ruined the best feature for me-it is 'so bad' for me it's totally awful! because of silent alarms vibration has a psychological association to it that is, well 'alarming'. we have been primed to respond in one way to the attention getting vibration so you can't now pair that stimulus with a feature that is meant to be calming. calm is the opposite of what we feel with an alarm. Not cool. If i can't turn it off ill return it to the retailer for a full refund as to me the product is faulty and not what i thought i was buying.

Best Answer

I agree.  Please find a way to turn the vibration off!  It defeats the purpose of relaxing.  Please address this in your next update.

Best Answer

Argh! I DID NOT accept this as a solution! Please add a toggle switch for vibration during guided breathing! It is NOT relaxing!

Best Answer

Hi guys! I hope you are all having a great day! 🙂 

I understand that some of you don't like this new feature. And it is totally acceptable. As I mentioned above, take a look of the idea I posted and vote for it. The more votes it has, the bigger the chances that our developers take it into consideration in a future update. However, please keep in mind that I can't guarantee it, but I appreciate your feedback. 

Keep posted if you have further questions or comments. 

Best Answer

hey there, im sorry has this been solved? do i need to vote somewhere? im confussed about what i need to do to keep this request moving?

Best Answer

i like that your so positive but im so sad about this-feels like its taking forever and people who never new life before the vibrate will be so happy im sure when its an option. i feel fitbit are screwing over the most loyal people-the early adopters. so sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is great to see you around more often @ChristieNoble! The vibration strength of the Charge 2, for breathing sessions or any other feature that needs vibration, still the same my friend, and there is no update about it yet. But I appreciate your feedback, because these type of comments help us out to see which areas need improvements so our team can apply some changes on further products. 

Let me know if you have further comments! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please let us turn the vibration off when using the guided breathing. It’s too strong, it freaks me out, I can’t do it at work because my coworkers can hear the vibration, I can’t do it in bed because it will wake up my partner. It’s just the worse. Please please please let us turn it off!!!

Best Answer