Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines going through display screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have two lines going through my charge HR 2.  I haven't had the tracker for a month yet! 

Does anyone know of a way to get rid of these lines?

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Lowri. It's great to have you here. It could be a good idea performing a restart to your Fitbit Charge 2.

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If this doesn't get you back on track please be so kind to provide me with a picture of your tracker for further investigation.

Thanks for stopping by, see you around. Smiley Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!! I tried it twice and it didn't work!

I have attached a photo - the lines go through the head and feet of the person, and is like this all the time

IMG_9078.JPG

Best Answer

Thanks for the picture @Lowri. This problem seems to be more related to the hardware than to the software. In this case I would recommend to contact Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide assistance as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Hope to see you around more often. Cat Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've spoken to the customer support team and they've been great!! As mine is a Charge HR, the advice for your device may be in another post? May be worth looking!! Also, contact customer support!!!😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lowri Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear you've had a great experience with Customer Support.

On another note, you are welcome to join the Discussions board. I'm pretty sure you'll find interesting topics to discuss out there.

I went ahead and moved the Charge HR post to the right board. Catch you later. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Lowri,

May I know how you managed to solve this? I just bought a new one yesterday and I also have the lines. They go right through the top of the numbers of my heart beat which make it difficult to read.

Thank you

Best Answer
Hello!

I showed a photo to one of the fitbit staff on the community page. Because I had warranty they gave me the offer of a brand new one, or a percentage off a new one. They sent me a brand new one!

Hope you resolve it!!

Lowri

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you, i will try or go back to the shop as I only bought it yesterday....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem also. I called customer service as suggested and since my warranty was ran out in Feb of this year they only offered me a  25% discount on a new one. I am discouraged to take this offer because I should not have to replace it after a 1 1/2 years. It isn't like it is a cheap item to buy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

20180822_145421.jpgI have this problem also. I called customer service as suggested and since my warranty was ran out in Feb of this year they only offered me a  25% discount on a new one. I am discouraged to take this offer because I should not have to replace it after a 1 1/2 years. It isn't like it is a cheap item to buy. 

Best Answer

Same lines.  The restart procedure fails for me.  Over a couple of months, I've gone from one to four lines of blank pixels.  I expect it soon to be unusable.

I have an Android phone, and the Fitbit is my "smart watch".  When the Fitbit Charge 2 fails, what do you all recommend I try next?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My display doesn't work at all anymore.  😞 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello

I got mine exchanged for free as I had just bought it... sorry, I don’t
know if there is any other solution.

Good luck

Katrien
--
Verzonden via Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here & I know my warrant is up.  Got it Christmas 2019.  I saved up $ for it.  Very disappointed.

BA8F6208-DD98-4E3F-A2A0-E792B979964D.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit were very good and responded very quickly. I am sure they will do the same to you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you😊

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sorry you have that trouble. I eventually, and grudgingly, replaced
my charge 2 with a charge 3. It hurt to reward Fitbit with more business.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Lines going through my number for the time 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has started again on my Charge 3.  One line gone so far.  I'm starting to wonder what to do next.

Where the problems happen so often, I would expect manufacturing improvements. 

Are you listening, FitBit?

Best Answer