Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Active Minutes after syncing-Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

I have a charge3 for the last 3 years and everything was working fine on it, until yesterday.

Starting yesterday, as soon as I sync my watch with my fitbit app (Android - Samsung Galaxy phone), the active minutes on both charge 3 and phone app turns to 0.

To confirm, I did a test today. I turned off both Bluetooth and location on my phone and being walking on my treadmill. The watch started showing the active min after 10 min of exercise (as expected) and finally I got to 54 active min. Then I started Bluetooth and location on my phone and begin sync with Fitbit app. As soon as the sync was done, I lost all the active minutes.

Anyone has had this problem?

Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @RoyaYaz.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for the time you've spent trying to resolve them.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. If after following their instructions you continue having the same problem, please let them know in order to get further assistance. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi EdsonFitbit,

Thanks for replying back. Yes, I have contacted support team. My major problem was the Active Minutes issue and the device not keep the charge. Unfortunately, support wants to only focus on the device not keeping the charge for now. They keep explaining how "active minutes" work, which has nothing to do with my problem.

If anyone has solution for the active minutes issue, I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Roya

Hi,

I had an interesting observation. I uninstalled my app (Android) and installed Fitbit app on my laptop and have no issue with recording my active minutes. It synced successfully and did not reset active minutes to 0 on my Charge3.

So it seems the problem is with the Android app on my phone, as the app on Windows works just fine. I will re-install the android app and test again to see if that fixed the problem.

Regards,

Roya

Hi,

Just an update. The problem is Android Fitbit app.

So, when I synced with Fitbit app on Windows, I had 38 min of Active minutes. Then I re-installed the Fitbit app on my phone and turn on bluetooth and synced with my Android Fitbit app. It retained the 38 minutes and didn't reset the active minutes on my watch to 0.

Then I turned off the bluetooth on my phone so that it won't snyc, and did another 16 min of exercise for total of 54 minutes. Then I turned on the bluetooth on my phone and tried the sync. The app on the phone (i.e. Android Fitbit app), recorded the steps correctly, but reset the active minutes back to 38 min, both on the app and on the watch.

So it looks like the problem is with a bug on Android app. Support needs to fix this issue. For the time being, I will uninstall the Android app and just rely on the Windows version of the app on my laptop.

Thanks,

Roya

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your responses, @RoyaYaz.

To try to resolve the issue please do the following:

- Log out from the Fitbit app on your phone

- Remove your Charge 3 from the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone

- Turn off Bluetooth on your phone and reboot it

- Uninstall/reinstall the Fitbit app

- Turn on Bluetooth and set up your Charge 3 as a replacement device:

1. Tap the Today tab EdsonFitbit_0-1624572555940.png, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes