Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost data after replacing Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I received another Charge 4. The previous one broke at the strap mounts and was sent another FOC. I kept the old Fitbit in my pocket to log activity whilst my new one was on the way. 

Today I had done a lot of activity, 16,000+ steps, using the Charge 4 in my pocket. I got home to my new one. I paired it whilst the old one was still paired. All good. All my activity appeared on my new Charge 4. 

I looked a few hours later and noticed my Fitbit said I’d only done 476 steps today. I looked at my old one and it was still showing as 16,000+ steps. I’ve tried to pair it again but no luck, this one also reverted to show 476 steps. Where has my data gone and how can I get it back?

Many thanks, Adam

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

You wouldn't be able to set up a new tracker with the old one still set up.  You must have set up the now one with a different email, at which fitbit would consider them totally separate.

What you should do is sync old watch just before switching; then still logged into the app with same account, go to add a device; when you say Charger 4, it will tell you you already have one connected and ask if you want to replace that.  If you do, the old one will lose connection to your account.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had the exact same experience.  All of my step and sleep data for the last 2 years disappeared.  The only thing that appears to have been maintained is my calories and the synchronization with my scale (historically).

I will replace my Charge 5 with my old Charge 4 and see if anything comes back.  Kind of a bummer...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ds97a  When historic data seems lost, it is almost always the case that you have created a new account with a different email, or else logged into an old account that you forgot you had.  And your previous data is still still there in the account; the key is not tracker but the fitbit ID/email you use to log in with - that serves as the database ID for the data storage.  good luck

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes