Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today on my morning walk I was at over 4,000 steps, by lunch time I had close to 6,000.  Now when I look at my Charge 2 I only have 2,000.  Where did all my steps go?  How do I get them back?  I have been suspecting that this has been happening for a while so I started tracking my walks using Map My Run so I know I had over 4,000 after todays walk as that data is still there.  I've tried restarting but they are just gone. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @kcurrey, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay in responding your post.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device are you using? When was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try the following steps and let me know if the issue persists:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the OS version of your phone is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this issue this morning and took all the steps you mentioned. Steps did not come back. Should they have? I looked at number of steps by hour of day—and saw the bars shrink right before my eyes!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I stopped using map my run & the issue seemed to stop. I don’t like that solution but was not given one so had to find something.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed all of these steps and could not recover my data from yesterday, June 8, 2020.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This same thing happened to me today and it was the first time I used Fitbit's tracking feature to map my walk.  I usually use Strava or another App "Map my Walk" on my iPhone but thought I would try the one in built into the FitBit App.  I thought it would be super convenient to have all information together but alas NO - App shows that I walked 3.4km at 8:34am this morning and 0 steps taken, which of course is impossible.  My Charge 2 registered nearly 5,000 steps for the walk and now they have disappeared.  So sad!  

Best Answer
0 Votes