Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Methods to improve heart rate accuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I usually wear my Charge 3 just near my wrist bone (as shown in the 1st pic). The heart rate readings seem reasonable except during workout. When I'm running up a long staircase, the heart rate readings sometimes drop down to less than 100, which is quite impossible.

Pic 1: Wearing the tracker next to the wrist bonePic 1: Wearing the tracker next to the wrist bone

Then I tried move the tracker up ~2 inches to my forearm (as shown in the 2nd pic) before workout. The heart rate readings become more accurate (or look reasonable, at least).

Pic 2: Wearing the tracker up on the forearmPic 2: Wearing the tracker up on the forearm

However, another problem pop out: the tracker frequently slips down from my forearm and I have to pull it back up on my forearm from time to time during workouts. If I wear it more tightly to avoid slipping, I'd feel uncomfortable on the forearm.

Do you buddies have any idea to solve this? Welcome to share your experiences on improving the accuracy of the heart rate readings, especially during intensive workouts or HIIT. Thank you all! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

One thing you could try to keep it from slipping down is to wear a wrist sweat band (elastic terry cloth type) just below the tracker, unless it causes spurious button bumps.

I agree it seems likely to better heart rate reading further up the arm for 2 reasons:  it is further away from where the wrist will be bending, causing extra irrelevant movement to the tracker; plus I have read other places the higher up the arm, the more blood flow to give the tracker more "signal" to noise.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

“To wear a wrist sweat band”—Good idea. I'll try. Thanks so much! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes