Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple black lines on Charge 3 screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 is 18 months old. I noticed one horizontal black line on the screen last week and I now have 8 plus 2 vertical. Pretty soon I won't be able to see the screen at all.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I have this same problem, have only ever used Fitbit clock faces and have tried changing screens and rebooting, the lines only seem to be getting worse with time. Purchased my Fitbit new from Amazon under a year ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Laurag71 @mwezzi Thanks for stopping by! 

Let me help you with your Charge 3 screens not working as they should. @Laurag71 you don't mention any troubleshoots so I suggest you restart your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Disconnect your tracker from the charging cable.

@mwezzi thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot this issue. I noticed that you already have a ticket with our Support team so please work with them to find a solution.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same issue, my charge 3 is not a full year old. 

Not sure when it started cause didn’t notice it right away, now it’s pretty much annoying. 

Restarting device doesn’t do nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pat89 I hope you're doing well!

Let me help you with your Charge 3 not working as it should and thank you for restarting it. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same issue, mine is pretty much 1 year old now.

Can you let me know if there is any fix available?

thanks.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. i did restart it and it still has lines. fitbit said it is out of warranty!!!! i do not want to buy another . I think it should be replaced. looks like i am not the only one with this problem. 

Sandy
Best Answer
0 Votes

@CSHT85 @Sandyego I hope you are doing fine.

@CSHT85 I will gladly help you with your device but you don't mention any troubleshoots. Please let me know if you have restarted the tracker following my previous instructions.

@Sandyego sorry to hear that our Support team couldn't replace your tracker. Support does follow the guidelines described in the warranty so if your device is outside the warranty period they won't be able to replace it. Still thank you for sharing your feedback.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Something should be done definitely about it since lots people having same troubles.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
How much time it take more/les to support them to reach back. Would like to know if will sort issue anytime soon. I just check my charge 3 is going to be in use 11 months now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish! All they do is give you a discount to buy another

Sent from Sandy's IPhone
Sandy
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not good enough, facing problem with screen in under a year, not planing on another purchase from fit bit then. I’ll rather go for fossil or garmin.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I might buy a Garmin or an Apple Watch. Why can’t Fitbit admit to this program and rectify it.

Sent from Sandy's IPhone
Sandy
Best Answer
0 Votes