Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 2 gets the 4 digit code but doesn't pair

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Obviously, my phone sees it, obviously, it sees my phone. It is fully charged. I have rebooted it, removed it from the app, removed it completely from my phone, and even removed the app itself. Fitbit app permissions are set to location always allowed and it is plugged into the charger. It is the only Fitbit device in the house. I have even left the house to try to pair where there are no other Bluetooth devices that I am connected to. I have tried both plugged in and unplugged. It is not stuck on an update (works perfectly well aside from not syncing)

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Steve-o12. I'll be happy to assist with your Charge 2 pair inquiry. Thank you for letting us know about the steps you have followed to fix this situation. I realize this situation is difficult, but let's try and find a solution. 

Could you please let me know your mobile's model? Most Android phones with version 7.0 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

You can try pairing your Charge 2 with a different device.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Steve-o12. I'll be happy to assist with your Charge 2 pair inquiry. Thank you for letting us know about the steps you have followed to fix this situation. I realize this situation is difficult, but let's try and find a solution. 

Could you please let me know your mobile's model? Most Android phones with version 7.0 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

You can try pairing your Charge 2 with a different device.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Andrea. Sorry, just a bit flustered with this. My phone is a Pixel 3a. I have an older tablet I can charge up and see if that will work to sync it. It had been working on the Pixel just fine all year and then it wasn't and when I tried to remove and add back in it of course now does the code but never completes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for mentioning the steps you have followed @Steve-o12

I got in touch with out support team and they informed me that they are already assisting you.

Please let me know how it goes and keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Steve,

I would be interested to know what solution you come up with as this happened to me about 3 months ago and I have gone through all the 'help' from Fitbit support and the Internet and nothing has worked. I also let it drain completely and recharged it etc. etc. Just prior to my screen going dark I noticed I could no longer get synced data and following the instructions I unpaired and tried to pair and that did not work despite trying like 25 times. So now the device which is BTW only 2 years old is utterly useless and Fitbit has refused to replace the device. They offered me a credit towards another purchase, but that was how I got the Charge 2 after my first device stopped working. IMHO, any watch/device that dies after 2 years has defects or is part of a more sinister plan to get you to buy another device ala Apple tricks. Needless to say, I am disappointed with Fitbit and have vowed to try other devices and stay away fro Fitbit.

Best Answer

Well, I feel foolish. It works just fine on the tablet so I guess it is my phone even though the tablet is 4+ years old. Thank you for your help Andrea!

Best Answer

Interesting....I'd try another device but the screen is blank making it hard to pair..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steve, does your phone happen to be a Pixel? After Andrea's post, I grabbed an old Samsung tablet I had that is 4 maybe even 5 years old and it paired on the first try (took 40 minutes but the tablet is super slow so that is not a surprise). I have to assume it is the phone and looking through some of the other forum posts it seems Pixel is a common phone that people have when this happens. 

Not that that makes any sense to me seeing as the app is the same from the same store and it is over Bluetooth and still sees the device but it worked so I don't know. For now, I'm just going to sync my Charge 2 once a night on the tablet. It isn't a perfect solution but beats having a perfectly good device that I can't use. 

Best Answer

Hi Steve

Yes it is and I would love to try it on another device, but my screen is blank making it impossible to see the pairing code.

Really GREAT info though Steve.  I wish Fitbit support had advised me of this 3 months ago, maybe all the fooling around is what made my Charge2 screen go blank.

Best Answer

I wanted to update on this, the fix action is only temporary. It will start syncing again with the phone but after a few days will stop again, sometimes the phone *says* it has the information but it never actually saves it to the website/account. I have had to remove and add my Charge back on several times. Really disappointed in Fitbit for how long this has been going on and how there seems to be no respone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes