Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit Charge 4 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I connected my Fitbit Charge 4 to iPad and now I have a problem with syncing. It says that it synced, but none of my steps and other data transfer. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @GeorgeDavDre @LilZee05, thank you for getting back to me with some more info. 

@GeorgeDavDre As you said in your post, it's probable that your iPad is to blame for this problem. With that in mind, I recommend trying a different phone or tablet. Keep in mind that you must first remove your Charge 4 from your iPad's Bluetooth connectivity before attempting to pair it with another device.

@LilZee05 Because you are dealing with a separate issue, I recommend wiping the data on your Fitbit device. Keep in mind that we only recommend this for specific situations and that it is not relevant in all circumstances. You may find detailed instructions here: How do I erase my Fitbit device?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi there @GeorgeDavDre, it is nice to see a new face around the forum. 

Thank you for the information you provided in your post.

This might be due to a number of factors, the most prevalent of which is a lack of the most recent app or OS version. To avoid any problems, please download the most recent Fitbit mobile app. 

Best Answer

I got on this forum because my Fitbit Charge 4 won't sync either. It last synced on 9/15/23. I checked the app update. It was updated last week. I rebooted my Charge 4. Still nothing. Now what?

Best Answer

For me my new Charge 4 won't sync with iPad. 

Is your Fitbit and the Fitbit app updated?

------

I will try updating the Fitbit app. I may not have mentioned this, but I just started using this Charge 4 a few days ago, and it never synced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GeorgeDavDre  @pbrasher76, thanks for keeping me up to date with your situation. 

Please keep in mind that you must have the most recent app and Android or iOS version installed on your phone. If you do not satisfy these criteria, the app may cease synchronizing or running properly.

Consider the possibility of an upcoming Fitbit device update. This may potentially hinder the device from working properly. You can check this article to better know how to update your Fitbit device

Best Answer
0 Votes

The iPad I use is an older software, which may be causing the problems. I updated the Fitbit app and it still won't sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t been able to sync my Fitbit to the app either. I’ve had multiple Charge models since 2016 and this Charge 4 stopped syncing about a week ago. I’ve tried removing it, removing the app, etc. and nothing works. It will send the code to my watch, but after I enter it it just loads indefinitely. All software is updated. 

A side note: my Aria scale stopped connecting to my phone like a year ago and I just gave up. 

It makes no sense that Fitbit devices just stop syncing randomly, and it’s super frustrating. 

Best Answer

Hi there @GeorgeDavDre @LilZee05, thank you for getting back to me with some more info. 

@GeorgeDavDre As you said in your post, it's probable that your iPad is to blame for this problem. With that in mind, I recommend trying a different phone or tablet. Keep in mind that you must first remove your Charge 4 from your iPad's Bluetooth connectivity before attempting to pair it with another device.

@LilZee05 Because you are dealing with a separate issue, I recommend wiping the data on your Fitbit device. Keep in mind that we only recommend this for specific situations and that it is not relevant in all circumstances. You may find detailed instructions here: How do I erase my Fitbit device?

Best Answer

I wiped the data after seeing the response to your post and I was able to connect after that.  It did give me the message that the app needed to be updated at first but then I was able to connect. 

Best Answer

I tried syncing it to a different device recently and it worked, so yes I believe that the iPad is to blame. I intend to soon switch my Fitbit account to a different device and see if it syncs then.

Best Answer

Thank you for the help. This week my Fitbit got unpaired from the iPad somehow and when I reconnected it it synced properly. 

Best Answer

Hello guys @GeorgeDavDre @SR359, thanks for keeping me updated. 

I'm relieved to read the problem has been handled, and I appreciate you selecting my post as the Best Answer. Please continue to share your experiences with us. We are always willing to assist others.

Have a good one.

Best Answer