Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with Fitbit devices

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been loyal to Fitbit for over 6 years, and it seems like every 1.5 years my Fitbit breaks with no fault of my own. Once, the charger (that came with the watch) dismantled my Charge HR. Then with Charge 3 and 4, I’ve had screen issues each year (randomly goes black or gets stripe-y). Fitbit has only replaced the device once and has otherwise offered discounts. Has anyone else had this issue?

I don’t think the investment is worth is anymore. I’ve been through 4 devices in 6 years and I take pristine care of my watches. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I'm on my third FitBit in in 4 years. My Charge 4 has now failed as the strap connector has sheered off the watch. 

I simply turned my wrist and the strap came undone. 

Not impressed for the cost of these products. 

Best Answer

The same thing happened to mine. It is obviously a flaw in the plastic housing that holds the tracker onto the bracelet. Mine device was out of warranty so no replacement was offered just a discount to purchase a new one. Was not happy since the tracker itself is working fine. I googled tracker holders on Amazon and found a band that contains a little pouch on which to insert the tracker. It fastens like a bracelet with velcro. 3 bracelets came in the package for $12.98. Item name was Chofit Bands compatible with Fitbit Inspire, Charge Etc. I am now wearing the tracker again and it is working just fine.

Best Answer

Thank you Soleilsnana, that's very helpful. My tracker holder should arrive today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The strap connector on my Fitbit also broke last night Jan 18. I bought the Fitbit in 2020 so pretty sure it’s out of warranty. If it’s a common issue, why can’t Fitbit help? Thanks Soleilsnana for the creative solution.

Best Answer

I think they make them to just survive past their warranty, then it's obsolete.  My wife's charge 4 band just sheered off.  I went through two of them and upgraded the sense (with the discount from customer service).  So far the Sense is going ok for me.  I keep the strap kinda loose as to not stress it in any way.  It's only been a year, so hoping it'll last longer than the charge's did.  Good luck!

Best Answer