Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help identifying the Fitbit I bought

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey. I need help identifying a fitbit.

My girlfriend bought a fitbit through Facebook marketplace for $2. It did not come with a charge cable. Now we need to know the model to buy a replacement cable, and the previous owner has no clue to which model.

It looks identical to the fitbit charge 1, fitbit charge hr and fitbit force. Exact same look of the band with the texture and where the display is located. The thing is... I dont think it's either of those three! There are a few things that make it stand out differently. 

1. The display is slightly larger than those models. Not by much. Maybe a millimeter. Enough to stand out though.

2. It has a 3 prong charge on the back like the hr and force. Even located in the same spot. But the back looks different. Although it has the 3 prong, it also has the scanner/reader on the back like the fitbit 2.

3. The last noticable difference from all of these is that the side button is rubber and blends in with the watch more than all 3 models. They seem to be a stand out button, where as this one seems like one made to be water proof??

I wish I could post pictures, but that's the best descriptions I can give. Hopefully someone can help 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Marko_Kasko   You should think about cancelling that order.  The Fitbit app won't let you set up a Force on your account.  I agree with @SunsetRunner .  The charging port sort of looks like a Fitbit Force port, but the wrist band is all wrong. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Marko_Kasko - from your description (excellent, BTW), I question whether this is a Fitbit device at all. It may be a different company’s tracker. Pictures of the front and back would really help. Here are the steps to posting a picture, in case that helps. This assumes you are posting from a phone or tablet that has a camera. If my assumption is wrong, then please let us know which device (PC, Mac, etc.) you are using to post. And which phone you have.

• While in a Reply box, tap the camera icon at the top.
  • Tap Choose Files > Take Photo. Follow the instructions from there. 

You would have to do this twice - once for each side of the device. 

1E314967-025B-4A96-981D-A808854082F8.jpeg

Best Answer

Hey @SunsetRunner 

Thank you so much for your prompt reply!

I am currently in the reply box, but do not see a camera icon. In order from left to right, this is what I have above.

Reply Icon, Bold, Italic, Bullet Points and Link Share. I clicked link share and it only gives the option for a URL; no image upload.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. Definitely has a camera.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marko_Kasko   This link to all the Fitbit User Manuals has images of the front of all trackers/smartwatches that can be put on an account.  It might help.  BTW, Fitbit recalled the Force.

I own a Charge HR and it does not have a three prong charging attachment area.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestion @LZeeW . However, I already did look at all of those, as well as images on Google and Review videos on YouTube. This is how I found it to be so similar to the Charge.

Its crazy how much it looks like the charge and force, but yet has minute differences. Even the band has the same textured design.

Really hoping its not the force! I've seen some images of the allergic reactions. Not pretty lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here! Let's see if this works. I signed up for a Flickr account and uploaded the images there.

Here is the share link.

https://flic.kr/ps/3VQKTE 

Best Answer

Thanks for the photos, @Marko_Kasko . comparing them to the pictures of Fitbit devices, it’s my opinion that the device you have is not a Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Okay. Thanks for your time in looking into this for me. Really appreciated. At least it was only $2 🤷‍:male_sign:

I attempted to look up watches that are similar to the fitbit charge, but the search results are inconclusive.

I found a 3 prong charger for the fitbit force that looks like it might fit. Was $4 from Amazon. Ordered it. Worth a shot. Crossing my fingers it'll work.

Thanks again for your prompt replies and trying to help me. Have a good weekend! 😊👍

Best Answer

@Marko_Kasko   You should think about cancelling that order.  The Fitbit app won't let you set up a Force on your account.  I agree with @SunsetRunner .  The charging port sort of looks like a Fitbit Force port, but the wrist band is all wrong. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Its not a fitbit force. We came to the conclusion that its probably not a fitbit at all. However, the fitbit force charge cord looks as if it may work on this one. Its not a true fitbit brand charge cable. Its a different brand and only $4.

If itll charge the watch, its worth a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! @Marko_Kasko it's great to see you around! @LZeeW, @SunsetRunner, I'm glad to see you here and thanks for your input! 

@Marko_Kasko Fitbit charging cables are designed to work only with Fitbit products. I don't recommend charging your device using a different charging cable. It might not fit well or cause any other inconveniences. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes