Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie user of a Charge 4 seeking questions!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Fitbit fam!

I just got my Fitbit Charge 4 and I'm really digging into it, as I enjoy the tracker very much. There are a few questions that popped up in the first day of using and I was hoping you guys would help me, as I think real-life experience is much more useful than questions straight from the manual. So here goes:

1. What exactly is GLONASS and is it worth using?

2. I was on a walk today and the GPS was lost halfway, so it only showed me half of the distance on the map. My GPS mode was set to "Dynamic", and I've had my phone with me. I've also had the "walk" exercise on. Should I switch to "Phone only" to make sure the GPS stays good? Or maybe GLONASS will help keep the GPS signal on?

3. Does Dynamic GPS mode really drain less battery than using built-in GPS only? I've had Dynamic mode on today's walk and battery seemed to drain pretty quickly (about 15% in an hour). Does the "Phone-only" GPS mode drain the least battery?

4. I got no sleep score after the first night, just the sleep insights. I've read Fitbit gives sleep score after 2-3 nights of using it - is it true, or is it some settings issue?

5. Is the calorie burned counter really accurate? It says I've burned about 3000 calories today, which seems like a huge amount, considering I didn't have that much activity today.

6. How do you wear your Fitbit? Is it loose, like moving on your hand a bit, or quite tight? I can't seem to get the right grip, tho I guess it comes with time.

Huge, huge thanks in advance to anyone wanting to answer any of those questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

First, you posted in a Versa 4 forum, not a Charge 4 forum. I’ll take a crack at it though.

My 0.02£…

1. GLONASS is one of the GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems) in use today. The top four GNSS are GPS (USA), GLONASS (Russia), BeiDou (China), and Galileo (EU). You should be able to use either, but it depends on where you are located. GPS is usually accurate to 3m and GLONASS to 5m. 

2. It’s worth trying GLONASS. Usually it takes a while to “train” the watch with GPS or GLONASS.

3. When I was using my Charge 4 I used “phone only” GPS mode, which worked well. GPS is a big battery drain on watches and the Charge 4 has a wee battery.

4. It may take a few nights for the watches to lock-in on sleep patterns and accuracy gets better over time.

5. I always assumed calories burned was an approximation.

6. Wear it snug, but not so tight it leaves a mark. Usually 1 finger width above the big wrist bone (don’t know the medical term but the big one on the outside of the wrist) is a good place.

One of the moderators may move your question to the correct forum, but at least this is a start.

Best Answer
0 Votes