Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No charge on Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my Charge 2 for 18 months, it's suddenly stopped charging. Showing a fully charged battery but then when I take it off charge it dies immediately. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Helen79, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit forums! Oh! I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 2 is dying right after you unplug it from the charging cable. Let me suggest you to try to restart it, by following these instructions: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You'll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker's display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. 

Let me know hoe it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hey @Helen79, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit forums! Oh! I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 2 is dying right after you unplug it from the charging cable. Let me suggest you to try to restart it, by following these instructions: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You'll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker's display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.

Let me know hoe it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've accepted this as a solution but it isn't! I have tried it. It hasn't worked. My restarted, 100% charged Charge 2 has a battery life of 13 minutes. This is not good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response @Helen79! Considering that you still having issues with your Versa, I have escalated your case with our Support team so they can further assist you. So please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A huge HUGE thank you to Fitbit who have very quickly resolved my Fitbit problems. Professional and courteous, their customer service is impeccable. Thank you again, have a wonderful new year xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Helen79, I hope you are doin' great! Sounds great that our Support team has helped you out and get you back on track. 😉 If you have further questions or comments, feel free to let me know. 

Happy Holidays! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Vibrated once. Battery icon is never showing. Pls help me fix this issue. This is 1st day trying to charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Afu55, welcome aboard! let me suggest you something, please try to restart your Charge 2 by following these instructions: 

I'll be around so let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I attach the charger correctly, vibrates 1 time, then displays the small fitbit logo with site address moving across the screen...no battery icon display at all.

When I hold down the button for 4 seconds, screen turns of for about 2 seconds, then big fitbit logo appears. Then within 1 second same like above (displays the small fitbit logo with site address moving across the screen) happens.

Has the battery exploded. Please help me solve this issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also in same situation. My charge 2 is not waking up even after charging for hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Afu55 

This sounds like a totally new device that hasn't been paired yet. (Also you said it's your first time charging)

You should connect it to your account: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873

After that you'll be able to view all your stats.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @gab_tz, thanks for the tip! 🙂 That could be the issue. So please @Afu55, follow the instructions posted in order to set up your Charge 2 as a new device and let me know how it goes! 

@Pgknit, welcome aboard! If you made sure that your tracker is paired, I'd like you to restart it by following these instructions. Can you please also tell me if it is charging, I mean, if the battery icon appears on the display? 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @HeydyF, thanks for the tip. It's not charging at all. I had already contacted fitbit support and they have kindly agreed for a replacement part.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying the tip that I posted @Pgknit. I also appreciate you have taken the time to contact our Support team and sounds great that they will send you a replacement to get you back on track. 

If you have further questions or comments, let me know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes