Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No map while tracking walk.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just upgraded to the charge two. Added walk to the activities. Went out today for a walk/hike. Hit side button and took off. Hit side button to finish. Did a sync with phone but do not see any map on today's walk run down tab in the app. Believe I have all my setting correct and yes, had my phone with me. Any questions or advice. Maybe I'm missing something. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner, that means that it did not connect with the phone's GPS.  When you started the Walk exercise mode, it should have displayed a phone icon at the top of the display. If it had a red line through that phone icon, it means that it could not connect to the phone GPS.

If it did not display the phone icon at the top of the display, it means that in the app settings for the exercise mode does not have Connected GPS enabled. On the app exercise modes, it should look like this:

Exercise.jpg

If yours does not show Connected GPS under Walk, tap on Walk to open it, and enable Connected GPS, then sync the tracker.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@SunsetRunner, did you press & release the side button until Walk was visible on the display, and the press & hold the side button until it vibrated to start the Exercise Mode for Walk?  Did you then press & hold the side button until it vibrated to stop the activity?

Best Answer

Yes, I looked up other topics here how to use the gps. So I started the walk manually, pressing the walk activity until it started logging the walk and then held it when I was done. It gave me all the stats of the walk. Synced fine, but no map. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner, that means that it did not connect with the phone's GPS.  When you started the Walk exercise mode, it should have displayed a phone icon at the top of the display. If it had a red line through that phone icon, it means that it could not connect to the phone GPS.

If it did not display the phone icon at the top of the display, it means that in the app settings for the exercise mode does not have Connected GPS enabled. On the app exercise modes, it should look like this:

Exercise.jpg

If yours does not show Connected GPS under Walk, tap on Walk to open it, and enable Connected GPS, then sync the tracker.

Best Answer

That was it. Thank you very much for pointing out that last step

Best Answer

I am glad to hear that, @SunsetRunner!  Happy Stepping!

Best Answer

All of my settings as above are correct but it still won' show me a map. Any ideas??

Best Answer

Hello @Kimlinmil while on a walk, do you have your phone with you and does the Charge 2 show that it is connected to the phones GPS, 

Best Answer

I always have my phone in my pocket but I've never paid attention to the icon on the charge 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If there is a line through the phone icon, or the traxker says to check fitbit, your not connecrect. 

Best Answer

I am having this same problem.  Yesterday, I took two walks, one of which mapped, one did not.  Today I'm getting notified to check the app.  My phone is with me, the location service is on and The walk says connected.  Now what? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the tracker is saying to check the app. I'm not sure what walk says connected? 

For me I restart the phone and the watch vibrates to say it connected to gps. 

Best Answer

I gave that a try. And it worked.  Wonder what causes it to stop working.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I also did not get a map after a walk today and I've checked the advice. When I go to the settings in the app, I have auto recognise switched on, says after 15 mins, but it also says "GPS will not be turned on"  I don't know how to fix this, can someone help please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JeanClo if depending on the auto detection of a walk, GPS will not be turned on. The auto detection settings is not part of the multisport mode settings and will not give you a GPS watching.

Does the Fitbit app have permission to your phones location?

Does your Charge 2 receive notifications?

It also would be helpful to know what type of phone that you are haveing issues with.

Have you checked the troubleshooting doc?

Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device?

Best Answer

Sorry don't know what you mean by "depending on the auto detection of a walk, GPS will not be turned on."

Yes, app has permission and notifications set. 

I use a Sony Xperia xz3. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JeanClo  if you depend on Fitbit to auto detect your walk, you mention auto detect is set for 15 minutes, you will not get a map of the walk.

Your tracker does not know that your talking a walk, this magic happens in the cloud after the walk is over and the tracker has synced.

If you want a map you will need to use the manual multisport mode called Walk and carry the phone with you.

Best Answer