Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not tracking walking exercise automatic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Neither my Alta or hr charge are automatically tracking walking. My profile is set to capture at 10 minutes
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hey @KylersNanny. Good to see you around! 😄

Hmmm... That's strange... Has this started recently? I would recommend in both cases to go into your app, tap on the Account section at the bottom right corner and scroll down to "Exercise" under the Goals section. Scroll down to Walk and where it says "Auto recognize" disable the option. Sync your tracker and  then go back to the same option and turn it back on and make sure to sync. After that, try it out and see if this makes any difference.

Also restarting your trackers could help. For your charge HR, while plugged to the charger and to a power source, press and hold the button for 10-12 seconds until it reboots and for the Alta, put your tracker to charge as well as you would normally do a nd while charging, press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.

Hope this helps and if you need more help, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will try as you suggest. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes