Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to add roller skating to shortcuts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I starter rollerblading, but since skating is not one of the activities I can add to the Charge 3, I chose cycling (bike).

This way I get the speed, kilometers, heart rate etc. When I want to reclassify however, I cannot choose rollerskating, but only get 6 options (walking, golf, interval etc). When I want to add an activity manually however, I can choose roller skating.

Is there a way to reclassify a bike ride to skating? Or another way to rename the workout (since the only thing I want to change is the name of the workout, so I can see the difference between  actual biking and skating).

Thanks in advance

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

A warm welcome to the Community @DeniseF810.

I think it would be great to have roller skating as an option between our shortcuts. Unfortunately, we do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

In the meantime, you can always edit your exercise by following the instructions provided in the help article How do I edit or delete Fitbit data and activities?.

I will see you around. 😊

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Or just add a rollerblade option (copy bike and maybe change calorie burn appropriately) 

Best Answer

After reading various fitbit forums on this issue, I have to wonder just now many years and now many requests it will take fitbit to address their customer's request. It's been at least 5 years that people have been requesting this function. I bike, run, hike, and walk. I can track all of those activities and get distance, speed, heart rate, and maps of my activity. I also roller blade, but cannot track it and record all that data. When will this functionality be offered? If fitbit won't let me track it, perhaps it's time to find a fitness tracker from another company. Fitbit?

Best Answer

Skating is so popular now. Time to add it for sure!

Best Answer

It is absolutely absurd that fitbkt refuses to add roller skating. I bought a brand new versa 3 to track my roller skating just to find out that it isn't an option and that people have been requesting it for YEARS! It has become so popular, I just don't understand how they can keep overlooking it. 

There is no way that skating 8 miles on a trail, I only burn 400 calories. 

Best Answer

This is such a silly reply and Insulting 

Best Answer

It is. Apple has it. 

Best Answer

I just want the ability to put a total distance in, on top of the normal stuff they record by default. Such a small, simple feature and they refuse to add. I won't be purchasing another one. Completely unresponsive customer support.

And the last thing I'll do is subscribe to their service. 

Best Answer

Same. I had ordered a luxe - my 5th or 6th fitbit, but I’m going to cancel the order. My Apple Watch is so much better. I just can’t track my sleep because of the battery, but that’s not urgent. 

Best Answer

Same.. i would love to track rollerskating. What I've been doing is manually tracking it as a "workout" and then changing the type once i'm done. Bit annoying, specially cause people can have shortcuts for GOLF and not this?!?! Seriously telling me that golf is worth tracking? just track walking....

Best Answer

I saw a post concerning this since 2016, and have been hoping it would become a feature since 2019, so people have been asking for this feature for going on 6 years. How is "Golfing" on there when it's basically just walking, and skating isnt on here as a sport? After many years of using fitbit, and waiting for this feature, I think I'm going to unsubscribe my premium and move on to something that already has it. This is absurd, it cant be THAT difficult to integrate it, it's basically cycling but with more calorie burn and strides, ridiculous. 

Best Answer

I gave up on Fitbit. It’s Google anyway and I want to protect my privacy. I’m just using my Apple Watch. I’ve never seen such horrible customer service as I have with Fitbit. 

Best Answer
Totally agree. This is my first, and last, fitbit (Charge 3). I never even
considered getting premium because they don't have rollerblading. If they
were to add it, I would want an editable distance field as well.
Best Answer

2022 and Fitbit is still dropping the ball. Really considering switching to a different watch

Best Answer

Yeah, I switched. Tired of waiting. 

Best Answer

I am sorry I just read this after buying and registering my Charge 5. Basically, inline skating is the reason why I bought a fitness tracker. Not sure why they are deliberatelly ignoring users, but this is outrageous. The much much cheaper huawei and mi bands have much more to choose from in terms of excercising modes. Read your forums fitbit.

Best Answer

It's 2022 and Google releases the Pixel Watch partnered w/Fitbit and there's NO Inline Skating workout tracker. On the other hand Google has there fitness app called Google Fit which does track Inline Skating but the Google Fit app isn't compatible with the Google Pixel Watch.. I feel scammed and s if I wasted $400. 

Best Answer

FITBIT: PLEASE STOP IGNORING 11+ MILLION SKATERS (USA alone) - and MILLIONS MORE GLOBALLY. Many joined in skating during the pandemic, and more continue to join. I have been speedskating on and off for decades (just returning after a hiatus), and personally know thousands of speedskaters worldwide. PLEASE - PLEASE - enable bloody fitness data tracking for skaters. Most skaters also participate in cycling cross-training as well as in other sports - as many other sports cross train on skates. You have people abandoning Fitbit - or not purchasing the brand - because of your refusal to embrace skating; the first company to offer this will grab ALL of our business (and you know people prefer not to change brands once they commit). We all appreciate Fitbit's financial considerations, and will also appreciate your consideration of your many skating clients - current, and future. Thank you.
"The number of U.S. citizens aged six and above that participated roller skating amounted to approximately 11.3 million in 2021." (statista-dot-com)

Best Answer

All totally ignored by fitbit/Google. What a surprise. Sooo many issues with sense since purchase. No way getting another fitbit or Google fitness tracker. May even change to apple... 

Best Answer