Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had a Charge HR, have just replaced it with a Charge 2 (there was nothing wrong with the old one, other than that the rigid plastic tab holding the end of the strap had snapped, and although still holding the strap in place, had two extremely sharp broken edges which were cutting my wrist to pieces.  Without the tab, the strap buckle would not stay closed).  I cannot find instructions as to how to replace the old Charge HR with the new Charge 2.  I could of course delete the existing app entirely and download a new one , but this would presumably lose all my Fitbit history, which I don't want.  There used to be an icon in the box beside the clock at the lower right hand side of my PC screen, but this disappeared some time ago.  I am aware that this had a function offering to add a new device, but it is not there any longer.  I have been - long before the decision to replace the Fitbit - in discussions with the Support team, who keep telling me that the Fitbit icon will be on my control panel.  Yes, it is, but all it does is take me to the Fitbit dashboard.  I do not have access to anything else via that icon, certainly not the screen that has disappeared - it used to offer the options to Force Sync, Add a New Device, Search for Updates, and possibly one or two other things.  So, how do I install my new Charge 2, without losing all my previous history, please?

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

On Android phone Fitbit app dashboard, I go to settings, set up a device, then it asks if Replace Charge 2, or Add a new device. Do replace with same ID and will not lose any data.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

On Android phone Fitbit app dashboard, I go to settings, set up a device, then it asks if Replace Charge 2, or Add a new device. Do replace with same ID and will not lose any data.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

@JohnnyRow wrote:

On Android phone, I go to settings, set up a device, then it asks if Replace Charge 2, or Add a new device. Do replace with same ID and will not lose any data.

At first I thought you meant "settings" in the phone but found it within the fitbit app. Once I opened the app and looked there I found the "set up a device". Then it was super easy. Thank you @JohnnyRow 

Best Answer
0 Votes