Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollerblading?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know the charge picks up arm movement as the basis for adding steps but what about rollerblading when you move your arms a lot? Does it add to much? to little? Shouldn't bother wearing it? I want to start rollerblading again but don't want to take my Charge with me and get like 10,000 extra steps becuase I move my arms a lot.

Does Fitbit track rollerblading easily?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@matt9013 Thanks for stopping by! In that case I will recommend to manually log the roller blading activity. That will overwrite the extra data tracked while doing it and will give you accurate data about that activity. There is an specific roller blading activity option on the dashboard for you to use and log. I left a picture below showing how it looks! 

roller blading.png

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@matt9013 Thanks for stopping by! In that case I will recommend to manually log the roller blading activity. That will overwrite the extra data tracked while doing it and will give you accurate data about that activity. There is an specific roller blading activity option on the dashboard for you to use and log. I left a picture below showing how it looks! 

roller blading.png

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@SantiR

Thanks, it does.

Best Answer

that kind of work.. but always log same amount of calori burn for the time regardless of if you did 3 or 5 miles in same amount of time. it be nice if they had a miles entry line so they could calculate intensity of workout. Like they have meter and yards entry for swimming. 

Also update amount of miles you did total. My fitbit only count half the distance i did while wearing it roller bladding.

Best Answer

shouldnt a rollerblading option be accurate with arm movement?

your arm stride compared to your leg stride is the same relatively while running/rollerblading.

so the amount of steps you take should be accurate for how many leg strides you take.

the only variable that would change is distance.   youll go a farther distance roller blading than running,  even with the same amount of leg strides.

what i dont get though, is why cant we make a custom exercize in the same way we'd log it manually.

basically just save the per minute, or per step info, and multiply per minute/step done.

if im using the fitbit to know how many calories ive burne,d then why do i need to enter that information myself after ive done the workout.....

Best Answer

Similar situation with my Garmin. It's a manual change. Though my Polar has all the activities, skating indoor and out. So fn lame it's not for the fitbit on the device. Which is why I don't and won't own one. As it should not be a manual change and or why?

Best Answer

Yeah, whether your rollerblading or stepping, you're (hopefully) moving your arms once with each step.  What will be wrong will be the distance.... I also would love to see an option to enter the distance with the rollerblading option.  And allow users to do this on the mobile app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, so would this means, that when I am wearing my Fitbit, I would then come home and manually change my mileage to rollerskating? 

Best Answer

Add it to the Fitbit for crying out loud. That's why I got the thing

Best Answer

HEY FITBIT HOW ABOUT TAKING A HINT AND ADDING A DARN INLINE SKATING OPTION. 

How is it that you can spend $400 on a Pixel Watch partnered w/ Fitbit and not have that Inline tracker built in when the fricking Google Fit app will actually let me start an Inline Skating workout and track it from there? Also how is it that Google releases the Pixel Watch and the Pixel Watch doesn't support Google Fit. 

So here's the darn DEMAND get with the program. If you're gonna charge a premium you better have all the workout routines that different people use because now I feel like I wasted $400 under the reasonable that surely if Google Fit can track Inline Skating than surely Fitcrap can. 

Best Answer