Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate Charge 2 screen orientation?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Experiencing the same problem. I'd like to wear it on my left wrist with the adjusting button showing up on the hand side of my wrist as opposed to the elbow side. Problem illustrated in attached photo. I've tried switching both the dominant hand and preferred wrist settings, but doesn't change anything. Ideas? Thanks! - Bill fit2.JPG

Moderator edit: Subject for clarify. 

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

I have just received mine as a gift last Xmas. Reading over how to change the screen orientation and here I am two years down the track and it still hasnt been changed? Its prettty useless to use it upside down. Have changed the handedness on the iPHONE App but still hasnt changed.

Anyone have an idea why this is still not working? 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no screen oientation @SunsetRunner .I feel sorry for those that wear the tracker on their right arm. 

Best Answer

Is there another fitbit that permits "flipping" the image? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's not a solution. A solution is where someone is allowed to do something that's reasonable and there is a way to do it. Fitbit needs to do that stupidly simple thing and allow you to flip the display. For crying out loud, they could get it done in 10 minutes without endless hours of bureaucratic change management meetings.

Best Answer

The problem is @ssybesma  your asking the community of Fitbit users to change the way your Charge 2 works. Unfortunately what your asking will only be done by the Fitbit developers?

For know the best choice it's to ask in the feature suggestion, rather than asking in the Fitbit community of Fitbit users who outside of owning a Fitbit have nothing to do with the company.

Best Answer

The screen automatically comes on when you look at your watch. I know mine didn't do that effectively when those settings didn't match how I was actually wearing the Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like to wear mine on my left wrist, with the same result as in the photograph.  Switched it over to my right hand, with the  button facing my hand and it can be read easily.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The button on the Charge 2 is on the left side because most people are right handed and will be wearing the Charge 2 on the left wrist. 

The picture above is wearing the watch i coffee toy. 

So why is it this way? Because it is a button and not a winding stem and it is easier to press a button. 

The problem comes with those that want to wear the watch on their right hand. 

The apple puts the knob on the right side because not only can the user press the button, but the user also has to be able to rotate the button. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using the thumb to press the button is not uptimal, especially if it usually also involves using the pointer finger to hold it steady.  If the screen orientation could be changed it would allow using a single pointer finger, great when wearing a coat or jacket that encumbers the wrists.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find just the opposite and if I wore the watch on the right arm would want to rotate the screen. The button is in the wrong place for the pointer finger and why Apple moved it towards the top. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Experimental evidence leads me to believe otherwise. Having the option to
rotate the screen would obviously be of benefit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree that it would be be musical beneficial but telling your fellow Fitbit users may not be optimum. 

I noticed that this digestion on the request board has been removed for having no more activity in votes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has to be a glitch then because during the set-up process the app specifically asks which wrist you will wear it on so why wouldn't it rotate the display accordingly ??? 

Best Answer

Because Fitbit never programmed it into the screen. 

I feel sorry for the few left handed people that wear the tracker on the right arm. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great post with a screen shot that pin points there is a bug because it's not changing the orientation as it should based on wearing on right or left wrist!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You know regular watches don't give you the option to change where the stem is. I am left handed but I wore the watch mainly on my left hand because the stem raced my wrist and allowed me to bend it to get a good grip on the stem to set the date/time if the battery was changed.  With the Fitibit Charge 2 I selected I would were it on my left and when I put it so the button was facing my wrist as I always wear my watches, the display is upside down and it did not change the orientation as stated in the setup. I can use my thumb OK but looks strange to me to have the button on the inside so to speak.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, all sorted now

Stephanie
Best Answer
0 Votes

You are correct that you have to pull up your sleeve to get to the button instead of it being accessible by the button facing the wrist.  They had the right idea with the option in the setup but then didn't make the equipment function accordingly. That's what you call a glitch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The software provides that option of functionality it's just that it does not change orientation like it should.  We know it is not working as it should or was intended.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you post a link to where we can leave our requests for the developers please?

Best Answer
0 Votes