Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rowing machine heart rates

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone.  Just wondering if anyone else has noticed their heart rate detection isn’t accurate on a rowing machine?  Mine seems to be easily 40 beats a minute lower than it actually is.  

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Yeah I figure I'm at about 130 bpm when I'm rowing and mine will show anywhere from 90 to 160+. Anything you've done to successfully combat this yet?

Best Answer

I was rowing on Monday and at one point I quickly tapped the watch and it said my heart rate was 143 bpm.  However, when I got home and synced with my phone, there is no record of my heart rate for the whole day!  I really wanted to know my heart rate so that I could improve.  I'm really annoyed and if I can track it again, I'll keep an eye to see if it's relative and reasonable and not pie in the sky.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Afraid not - i’m Hoping there’s a patch that Fitbit can do in a software update!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue but mine is always low, below 80 bpm when I know it well over 140 bpm! Because of this it never gives me credit for my rowing workout, it thinks I am resting... meanwhile I am dripping in sweat huffing & puffing my heart out. It would be nice if Fitbit Ionic had built in measurement for rowing machines like it does for treadmill/weights/swimming/etc.

Best Answer
It does count steps though.... I could be on the rower for an hour and I've
completed say 1,000 steps. All very odd so yes, I would prefer it to have a
row option so that it is more accurate. It can then record heart beat and
not count strokes as steps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, same problem here. Heart rate stays on 70bpm, while my actual rate is around 160bpm. I've been back and forward with fitbit but they keep sending me the guidelines from their website. 

Best Answer

Update: Fitbit really did some efforts to help. Eventually they've send me a brand new charge 3 free of cost, but the problem remains... I'll just have to accept that rowing isn't a sport the charge 3 recognises. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear this (it doesn't recognise HR). I managed to swap and received two in the end. The last one failed to read heart rate and battery low every day so they tried to reset and sort remotely but confirmed it was no good. Got a refund via JL and bought a different brand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes