Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Wake is too sensitive

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It is faaaaar too easy to bump the change 3 and have the screen turn on.... This is leading to needless battery drain 

It should only come on when the screen is tapped or the haptec button is pushed. 

I can tap the buckle on the band any my Charge 3 screen will come on. 

No good. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Not good at all  

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hey there @ClintonHammond, thanks for stopping by! Have you tried holding button down twice? That should bring up screen wake page. If it is turned on, change it to turn off. Then, you can manually wake up the screen by pressing the button. 

To turn off the screen when not in use, push the button.

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screen Wake is turned off, and yet when I tap on my Fitbit, the screen comes on..... 

So, it's broken?   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @ClintonHammond! No my friend, it isn't broken. The behavior is expected, when you have Wake Screen on, the screen will turn on automatically when you turn the wrist towards you. If you turn off this feature, it will come up only when you tap it or press the button. Tapping the display works when the Screen Wake is on/off. Smiley Very Happy

Regarding the sensitivity, it could be related to this, but it depends on how the wrist movement is happening, in any case, I would recommend that you also try performing a restart, and check how it works for you in the next few days

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Too many people have restarted their Charge 3s and they've then stopped working 

Non way am I doing that 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same experience. Especially when I am biking, every bump wakes screen. I suggest that screen tapping sensitivity should be adjustable or switch on/off. 

Best Answer

Does anybody have a solution for this yet? I only have to bend my wrist for the wrist for the screen to wake.

Best Answer
0 Votes