Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen doesn't turn on when wrist moves

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, it says in the manual that The screen of your Charge 2 will turn on when you lift and turn your wrist towards you. You can disable this behavior in the Fitbit app.

When I lift and turn my wrist, my screen doesn't turn on. What do I do wrong?

And what is the Fitbit app because maybe I have to change the setting?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Moushke, make sure your arm is somewhat horizontal before twisting the wrist.

I can place the forearm across the stumach watch facing away from me. Rotate it up, and when the face is parellel to the Floor the display lights, rotate it away the display turns off.

How do i do it normally.  As I raise my arm, I bring it up with the fiream close to horizontal, then start twisting the weist. This is no different than looking at any other watch for me.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @Moushke, make sure your arm is somewhat horizontal before twisting the wrist.

I can place the forearm across the stumach watch facing away from me. Rotate it up, and when the face is parellel to the Floor the display lights, rotate it away the display turns off.

How do i do it normally.  As I raise my arm, I bring it up with the fiream close to horizontal, then start twisting the weist. This is no different than looking at any other watch for me.

Best Answer

Hi, @Moushke, the Fitbit app is the program in your phone that controls the features of your Charge 2 which you used to set up your Charge 2

To change the setting for "Quick View" -- the feature that means you can see the display on your Fitbit when you lift and flick your wrist, open the app, go to account (it's the icon that is meant to look like an ID card -- a rectangle with lines and a circle), choose your device (Charge 2) and scroll down to Quick View.  Make sure it is set to ON.  If you make any changes, be sure to sync your Charge 2.

Once Quick View is turned on, it is just a matter of getting the hang of lifting and flicking your wrist so that the screen turns on.  I find a deliberate lift, followed by a quick flick, works best.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hello Rich, thanks a lot for letting me know how to do it. It works that way indeed although I have to turn my wrist quite far to turn the screen on, so I guess I need to excercise to get it completely right 😉 Thanks for your help and have a great Sunday. Moushke

Best Answer

Yes I've noticed that the arm doesn't like turning for enough, especially if dowm by the waist. When I lift it up towards my face this is not s problem. It seems tyat it wants to be twisted i90° that ends in a horizontal or vertical position.

Best Answer

Hi Rich,

I'm already getting the hang of it 😉

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi Julia,

Thank you for your help. The Quick View was turned on but I apparently didn't turn my wrist far enough to turn on the screen so I'm getting the hang of it and will keep improving my wrist flip 😉

Have a great Sunday! Moushke

Best Answer

Such a helpful answer as I couldn't work out how or why my fitbit stopped showing me the time. Thank you x

Best Answer

Also remember to turn “On” not “Manual” the awake screen option in your wrist Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Julia. Do you know how to change those settings on an Ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G wrote:

Hi, @Moushke, the Fitbit app is the program in your phone that controls the features of your Charge 2 which you used to set up your Charge 2

To change the setting for "Quick View" -- the feature that means you can see the display on your Fitbit when you lift and flick your wrist, open the app, go to account (it's the icon that is meant to look like an ID card -- a rectangle with lines and a circle), choose your device (Charge 2) and scroll down to Quick View.  Make sure it is set to ON.  If you make any changes, be sure to sync your Charge 2.

Once Quick View is turned on, it is just a matter of getting the hang of lifting and flicking your wrist so that the screen turns on.  I find a deliberate lift, followed by a quick flick, works best.

@

Hi, Julia. Do you know how to change those settings on an Ionic?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn’t work

Best Answer

There is no "Quick view" in the settings. Is there any other way?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it goes by Wake Mode and is found in the Quick access settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes