Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen faded

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit that I bought in November ran out of battery completely for the first time.

Just before it turned its self off  the screen faded - especially towards the middle with a few white lines going down it ( although for as the general display is faded white they aren’t not very defined. 

It looks similar to when you print something with not enough ink in the printer.. 

I thought it would correct it’s self once fully charged but that’s not made a difference 

Having read some reply’s on other comments  I have reset it and changed then clock face via the app but those haven’t helped.

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hi @Lucy86  I have flagged a moderator to assist you 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Lucy86.

I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Charge 3 screen is faded. Thank you for performing a restart and for changing the clock face before contacting us. In addition to the regular restart, there is a long restart that you could try by following the next steps:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again

Thanks for your support @NellyG.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Just had same problem. Contacted Fitbit. After reset go into settings & check the brightness. Mine somehow went to dim. Changed it & now back to normal. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Amlac. Sorry for the delayed response.

I'm glad to hear that you have resolved the problem you were experiencing with the display of your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for letting us know and thank you for the time you spent dealing with this situation.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t accepted this as a solution, you decided that I had for me..

I just hadn’t had a chance to try it a few times which I have now and it hasn’t worked at all. The screen is just as faded and it’s getting really annoying as the battery is draining a lot more since the fade appeared. 

What is the next solution? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Lucy86.

To further investigate your case, I sent your information to Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

My response wasn't accepted as solution by me, someone else did it, I removed it.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I started having the same issue today. Tried: restart, hard restart, check clock faces, change brightness. I tried everything you guys have said to try and nothing worked. All started happening randomly today. I have only had this the Charge 3 for 6 months and it’s already messing up. Hope you guys can offer a solution.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Douglas41510 Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Charge 3 display is not working. Thank you for the troubleshooting steps you followed before contacting us.

I created a case with Customer Support to provide further assistance. They will be in touch soon. Thanks for your patience.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue faded screen have tried all resets and brightness adjustments to no avail, can you help?

Best Answer
Fitbit sent me a replacement as that seems to be the only way to fix it if the resets ect don't work. If you still in warranty I would contact them 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same issue to, I have done everything that is suggested in all the comments below but it is still the same. Help!!😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

They are sending me a replacement for this issue

Best Answer
I’m getting a replacement to 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community @Paul1506 @Lucy86 @Zoey1979.

Thank you for letting us know that you'll receive a replacement Fitbit Charge 3. I'm glad to hear that you'll be back on track soon. Your patience is highly appreciated.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Best Answer

Thank You, Got my replacement Fitbit this AM fast service

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen also started fading just after one year. I contacted Fitbit support center. This is the response I got

Response from Fit Bit on 26-MAR2020

After checking in our system, we are able to see that the warranty of your Charge 3 started back on February 12th 2019 and ended on February 12th 2020. Although this isn’t eligible for replacement since the warranty is already expired, we want to keep you in the Fitbit family and working toward your goals. Please accept a discount toward the purchase of any one of the devices on fitbit.com 

My request to the public : 

Fitbit sold defective product and offering 25% discount after the warranty. Shame on Fitbit company. If you search in the google so many people gave a complaint that the screen has problem, so Fitbit know that the product has defect instead of fixing the defect they are selling defective product to the customer and after one-year Fitbit offering 25% discount. I am not going to buy their products any more. 

Shame on Fitbit selling the defect products to the customer.  My request to the public please do not buy their products. You will suffer one day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought 4 of these and only had the issue with one and it was replaced right away but alas it was within warranty period

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this on my Fitbit charge 3 and it did not work. Fading more each day 😞 got this last June for my birthday and just recently this has happened. I can not see my time or steps 😞 help 

Best Answer
0 Votes