Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set interval timer below 10 secs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If I'm trying to edit the interval timer rest times on my Charge 4, the rest time can no longer be deleted and I cannot set the time to under 10 seconds. This is very inconvenient as many of my workouts involve 5 seconds rest.

It used to work, but now it doesn't work and I'm not sure why this started happening. I've tried everything (updating the app, rebooting my Charge 4, re-pairing my Charge 4, deleting and re-installing the Fitbit app, logging out then back in, restarting my phone). This is really inconvenient as I use my Fitbit mainly for interval workouts. Please help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

I had to load the interval timer, and notice that you are correct @msysverms we cant set below 10 seconds

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community, @msysverms and @Rich_Laue, thanks for the input.

It's weird to hear that you can't set your interval timer below 10 secs, thanks for troubleshooting this problem.

I just tested this with my phone (Android) and was able to reduce the amount. Can you please tell me which phones you have and provide me with some screenshots?. Also make sure to be doing the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. Tap Interval Workout. 
  4. Set your intervals.
  5. Sync your device to save the changes.

I hope to hear from you soon. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e, so also Android. Attached is a screenshot of what I see when I try and set the rest time to anything below 10s. As you can see, the option to press "OK" is unavailable. Its strange, because I used to be able to set the rest time to 5 seconds and now I havent been able to

Screenshot_20200608-120841_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and for the screenshot, @msysverms.

I just wanted to let you know that I have escalated this to our team, and once I have more information about it I will be glad to share it with you. Your patience and understanding will be much appreciated.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue on apple ios. If you try and set an interval as 1-9 seconds, it just reverts back to 10 seconds. A royal pain.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using the 7M Workout by Johnson and Johnson and when you are in the advanced level, exercises are 30 sec and rest is 5 sec.  However, the fitbit app has a limitation that rest has to be greater than 10 seconds, so I cannot use by charge 4 when doing 7M Workout because I need to set the rest in 5 seconds.

Can you please eliminate the restrictions that rest has to be greater than 10 seconds?

I tried setting the rest time in the dashboard of the website and there is a message "Set a move and rest period. Total interval time can be between 10 seconds to 24 hours."  Not really sure why there has to be a limitation of rest greater than 10, in any case it should be 5 to fulfil our need.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is the escalation going? 6 months later I stumbled in to the same problem as my predecessor. I need 6 sec... when ever I scroll below 10 sec the "OK" is grayed out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandra, 

Any idea when this will be resolved? I would really like for the interval timer to be adjusted for move and rest times below 10 seconds. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit any updates on this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandra,

it has been almost three years now and I also experience the same problem. Could you update us on the status?

best regards. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Soulholic and welcome to the Community.  I'm not sure why the moderator was able to change the settings 2020 when other users couldn't.  I looked at my Charge 4 interval settings options on the iOS app and the web dashboard.  The web dashboard has a note in red letters saying that an interval has a 10 second minimum.  My only suggestion is for you to share your request in the Product Feedback forum.  Fitbit used to call it the Feature Suggestion forum.

AlejandraFitbit can't respond to your question.  Her status is Moderator Alum.  She no longer works for Fitbit.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes