Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages not showing on Charge 2 since Fitfit last messed with the software. FIX IT AGAIN

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since Fitbit last messed with the software in an apparent effort to make it more applicable to mobile apps, my PC based program apparently won't now show sleep stages.  No change in sleep habits etc. This seems to happen every time there is a soft ware change! I hesitate to call them software improvements. I am losing patience with this device. It works well sometimes but not continuously. It is useless for the purpose I purchased it. Have to switch brands if not fixed.

Why can't Fitbit get their act together. Suspect stock market performance is starting to show the consequences of poor device performance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Did this start with a firmware update to the Charge 2 or was it an Android Fitbit app update? How many nights has this been happening?

Have you tried a restart of the phone and Charge 2?

How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Troubleshoot a problematic device by turning it off and then back on
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am running the Fitbit program on a Dell PC using Windows 10.

The last sleep stages graph/output was for the night of May 10th.

I am not using Android or a cell phone, but I seem to recall that about this time there was a software/firmware update made for cell phone users.

I have owned this Charge 2 for more than a year. Initially it did not show sleep stages, as was the experience by many other new users. It was clearly a software issue because, after much complaining by many users and effusive denials from Fibit that was their fault, some action was finally taken and suddenly,  with absolutely no changes in my sleep habits, sleep position, duration, wrist position, sensitivity setting or other professed "solutions" offered by Fitbit,  sleep stages data became available. about 90% of the time.

This level of successful data processing is acceptable to me, given the variability of my sleep .

I have of course restarted the Fitbit device.etc.etc.etc.

I wish to continue using my PC for the purpose of sleep analysis. I suggest that the programmers who made this recent change check their PC based program. Does IT require a "restart"? or"update"?

Fitbit should ensure that, when they make changes to their programing, it works on all existing set-ups!

Thank you for your interest in my problem.

Best Answer