Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SpO2 isn't working on my Charge 4

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Brand new charge 4

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everybody. @LogicalThinker @Izach Welcome to the forums. @LogicalThinker Thanks for your help. @Izach I will gladly help you set up SpO2 on your Charge 4.

It actually goes as described above. You find the same instructions on the following article: How can I see my SpO2 reading?. It reads:

"Fitbit SpO2 app is automatically added for users in select countries. Make sure your device is running the latest version. For more information on updating your tracker, see How do I update my Fitbit device? For more information on the availability of Fitbit SpO2, see fitbit.com."

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there, @Alfredo33175. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Keep the following in mind to make sure your Fitbit device successfully measures your SpO2 values:

• Your device doesn’t retroactively measure your SpO2 values. After you install the clock face, you’ll see dashed lines until after your next sleep session.
  • Charge your Fitbit device to make sure it’s able to collect data throughout your entire sleep session. Note that you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when using the SpO2 Signature clock face.
  • Your Fitbit device must sync with the Fitbit app before the clock face updates. Note that it may take around an hour for your SpO2 values to appear after you sync your device. For troubleshooting syncing, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?
  • Turning off any clock face permissions can cause the clock face to stop functioning. To check these settings:

1. With your Fitbit device nearby, open the Fitbit app on your phone or tablet.
    2. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image.
    3. Tap Clock Faces.
    4. Tap the SpO2 Signature clock face.
    5. Tap Permissions. Turn on any permissions you turned off.
    6. Tap Details when you're done making changes.
  • Your Fitbit device must be able to consistently track your SpO2 data:

• Wear your device slightly higher on your wrist.

• Make sure your device is in contact with your skin.

• Your device should be snug but not constricting.

• Tattooed skin can impact the accuracy of the red and infrared sensors on your Fitbit device.

For more information about SpO2, see How do I track blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) with my Fitbit device? 

I've moved your post to the Charge 4 board for organization purposes.

Hope that answers your inquiry. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had my charge 4 since Father's day, and this is not the first time
that the spo2 stops working ,I do know how to set up my Fitbit watches
This is not my first one I upgraded from the charge 3 in June because I
liked the idea of monitoring my spo2 but, apparently there are some things
that needed to be adjusted before hand, and at this point I am even
questioning the accuracy of the data
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alfredo33175 Thanks for the details provided in your previous post. I understand where you're coming from. 

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
You understand where I'm coming from?, What is that?,wow!!. Thanks a lot.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

I was having similar issues but was finally able to fix it by updating the SpO2 app. To do that do the following:

1. Open your account information by tapping your avatar in the upper left corner of the Today screen.

2. Tap on Charge 4 which should be about the 4th option from the top.

3. On the Charge 4 screen tap on the Gallery.

4. There should be 3 tabs on the top of the next screen. "Charge 4", "Clocks", and "Apps". Tap the "Apps" tab.

5. Tap on the SpO2 option on the Apps screen. If you don't see an SpO2 option, you need to update the Fitbit app.

6. On the SpO2 screen, there is a button halfway down the screen. The button will show either "Install", "Update", or "Uninstall". "Tap either "Update", or "Install" and follow the instructions to install or update the SpO2 app.

7. After the SpO2 app is installed or updated, restart your Fitbit and restart your phone.

8. Next time you go to sleep, make sure your Fitbit is well charged and is making good contact with your skin because your SpO2 is only tracked by your Charge 4 while you sleep.

I hope this helps! Good luck! 🤞

Best Answer

Thanks logicalthinker but there was no option to update the Fitbit app so I deleted and installed the newer version from Google app store. The problem is I still don't see the SpO2 option in apps tab. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody. @LogicalThinker @Izach Welcome to the forums. @LogicalThinker Thanks for your help. @Izach I will gladly help you set up SpO2 on your Charge 4.

It actually goes as described above. You find the same instructions on the following article: How can I see my SpO2 reading?. It reads:

"Fitbit SpO2 app is automatically added for users in select countries. Make sure your device is running the latest version. For more information on updating your tracker, see How do I update my Fitbit device? For more information on the availability of Fitbit SpO2, see fitbit.com."

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RodrigoMFitbit 

Your reply looks very helpful - only if it works. I’ve a new Charge 4 (my 4th charge device).

I’ve followed your advice, only to find I don’t have that app on my device.

Despite multiple attempts to install following the instructions given by fitbit staff on the forum. I’n not able to install as I see one install option and one “Not Available” option (in bold”).

Also, my new device has an older(2 versions behind) firmware and despite now over 45 sync operations and 20 checks for firmware updates, I’m still on older firmware and no SPO2 app, and that is one of the two reasons I bought a Charge 4.

I live in the uk, message chatted with support last nigh (very nice, no progress). live in the UK the agent last night did confirm the app will work here.

Please offer me some meaningful device, not just hard reset/ switch off and on the phone, follow the instructions I’ve followed almost every hour for the last five hours. Desperation is seeping in at this stage.

johnerz

Best Answer
0 Votes