Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair Counting Problem

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know people post about stair counting problems, but I haven't found a post that's helpful.  My Charge 2 stopped counting stairs about two weeks ago, no matter what staircases I used.  I walk the same stairs and paths everyday, and they used to count.  I averaged about 20 a day, but about two weeks ago, all of those stairs stopped being registered.  I haven't changed the way I walk on them, no long stops while walking up them, no weird actions with my arms, nothing is different.  I tried resetting the device and it counted a few stairs that day, but definitely not all of them and none of the stairs from the next day counted.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

I know it's easy to confirm--the stairs are being counted while I'm in the car.  Okay, I know that, too.  I'm not sure what your point is?  I'm sorry.  

I don't know why you included information about the stairs not being used to calculate calories, but that isn't important to me.  I just included the update and new information so I could close the original topic by approving a solution.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've seen many comments about how the extra stair counting has affected, the calorie count for the day.

That is why I included it.

I mentioned the steps, because people seem to be concearned about receiving extra stairs but either like it are not concearned about the extra false steps that have been counted during the counting of the false stairs.

Stair are counted by detecting a very small change in air pressure, unfortunately there are many reasons the air pressure can change, 1 of which is by gaining altitude.

As for closing and and lockinglocking a thread only a moderator has this ability

Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay, well, I didn’t say anything about the stair counting affected by calorie account for the day, so that is why I questioned its relevance.

Again, I wasn’t concerned about that, and didn’t say anything about being concerned about it.

I’m not really sure what you’re trying to say.

The update was just to mark that question as solved. I noted that my Charge 2 was broken and that was why it was no longer counting flights of stairs. I only included the bit about the Charge 3 because I just thought it was an odd difference in problems with my Fitbits.

I didn’t say I wanted to close the thread and wasn’t asking how to do that because only moderators having the ability to close threads in how most forums work.
Best Answer
0 Votes