Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand for your brand Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Caution to everyone in this community, your watch is to be trashed once you are outside the 1-year warranty.

I have my watch for a year and a half. Today, as I was removing the charging cable, the front glass disconnected from the body. I looked at the side and there was a failed clips mechanism. There was no previous direct impact on the watch. I contacted Fitbit for support. I was surprised by the fact that they do not stand for their brand at all !!!

There is no repair shop they deal with and can fix it. The offer I received was 25% from their products or 40% from Ionic brand. This is similar to the deals in local stores like (BestBuy). Basically, the watch is an annual thing and come buy more watches! It is a disposable watch and we do not stand for our products, is the real message after all. Good luck if it breaks outside the warranty because we do not fix it. Apple, Samsung and Garmin do stand for their products outside the warranty periods and you should follow them if you want loyal customers. Maybe it is time to look into other brands.

Finally, the customer service person was very respectful and tried to help but the supervisor was not keen to help at all. Her message was, take it or leave it.  

Pls pass this message to any person who wants to buy the product. Enter at your own risk!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Sorry about your experience but I know of no companies that routinely replace products that are out of warranty. In your case the Charge HR has been out of production for well over 2 years now. Offering you a discount on a new (and better) product is going the extra mile to satisfy a customer. If you go to another company I wish you well. Just remember this if that product fails after the warranty is over.

Best Answer

Thank you Pat for taking the time to respond. I think you missed the point. This is not a favor done by Fitbit. This is a product that failed shortly after passing the warranty. The solution, buy more!  I am not sure if you have been in contact with other companies that built a name. They always offer to help to fix, replace or give you a good deal. It is a matter of building trust between the company and the customer. It is not my problem that the product line is discontinued but take Apple for example, they will not tell you sorry go somewhere else because this is your problem or let me sell you another product with a marginal discount. Is the goal to sell or fix the faulty watch problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes