Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps decreased after manually entering exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I went for a 1 hour walk today and my Charge 2 showed that this exercise added about 6,000 steps to my total count (so I was at 9,000-ish total steps). When I got home, the Fitbit app wouldn’t update my exercise count no matter how many times I refreshed (even though the app showed my updated step count of 9,000 steps. When I manually entered in the walk, my total steps decreased from 9,000 to 3,000. Is there a way to undo this? I was already annoyed that it didn’t recognize my exercise activity but now to lose 6,000 steps is ridiculous!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

When you manually log an exercise session, the parameters you input override any data actually recorded.  If you delete the exercise session, it will revert to the originally recorded data.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me too, with my Charge 3. It also deleted the distance but did capture the heart rate. I tried deleting the activity - the steps were still gone. I also tried re-syncing - still no steps. There should be a warning that creating an activity could cause a loss of metrics.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue, but with Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes