Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps reminder stopped working on Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 3 for a week now & suddenly today the steps reminder which used to go off at 10 mins to the hour to let me know how many more steps required for the 250 has stopped working.

Please advise?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hey there @SunsetRunner, thanks for stopping by! Have you checked if by any chance you didn't turn off the reminders to move by turning off notifications?

For Fitbit Pay-enabled, you may need to swipe left to access Quick Settings. Repeat when you want to turn them back on. 

To turn reminders to move on:

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Hourly Activity tile. This is the tile that shows the number of hours you completed 250 steps.
  2. Tap the gear icon and turn Reminders to Move on or off.

If you haven't moved 250 steps, at 10 minutes to the hour you’ll receive the reminder. Note that while you can take extra steps in the next hour, they won't count toward your hourly activity goal for a previous or future hour.

If you're still not getting your reminders to move after verifying the above, I'd suggest a restart by following the steps in this article.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi,

I am very happy with my fitbit charge 3. For the past 2 days the steps reminder stopped working.

I already followed all advice on the forum and nothing helps. All other notifications work perfectly.

I only got this on Christmas.

Any new advice that is not on the forum?

Thanks

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue.  I’ve restarted repeatedly.  It’ll work for a while, then stops.  Pretty frustrated because that was a lot of the reason I wanted the Fitbit.   

Best Answer

Spent a frustrating afternoon trying to get those move notifications back, which is the primary reason I'm wearing this thing. They were working fine the first two days. Once I turned off getting notified of texts and phone calls (girl gotta get her work done!) then the move notifications disappeared as well.

I tried everything you say below. Went to the Hourly Activity tile in the app. When I click the gear icon I have the option to set times of day to get notified, but there's not "Reminders to Move on or off" anything.

I restarted the fitbit, no results.

What else should I do before I send this thing back and get the cheap one that would do the one thing I need it to do...? Thanks!

Best Answer

Did you ever find a solution to the reminders to move problem? I too have checked the settings and done a restart several times with no change.

This is very frustrating as reminders to move is one of the key features that I wanted to use - getting me up from my desk at regular intervals. 

Best Answer
The only thing that helped is the restart.
I only had to do this a couple of times and the problem was gone.
Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes
There is setting that you can go to that increases the intensity of the
"reminder" and I have to admit that if I'm very involved with something I
don't feel it. Not sure if it is the device or if it is just me. I'm
sorry I can't guide you step-by-step how it can be done, but I do remember
it is under Settings. I actually contacted Support for FitBit who sent me
an email guiding me through the process.

Hope this helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried a reset?  I have to do this occasionally.  Kind of a bummer, but it has helped me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I've had same problem since an update two days ago 

Looking under settings on Fitbit itself and scrolling down,   came across exercise alerts on / off... it was off!!

Have put on and 🤞 working again tomorrow 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything is set right on mine, but no reminders since the update. Really aggravating!

Best Answer

I realised it's because I had notifications switched off! (Screen to left of clock, above sleep option) 

Has been working since I turned them on 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

My charge 3run into the same problem after updating the software during Aug. One problem is that the reminder to move is not working, the other problem is that when any new text or phone call come in, there is no buzz to remind me though I did get those text/ calls when I checked it on purpose.

Those issues never happend to me before the software updating. Have tried reset the device, also turn on the exercise alert, turned on the button " reminder to move " . None of those helps. 

Any more advice? Thanks.

Best Answer

It's July 2021 - not sure if I should post a new post, but I'm having the same problem and again, it's directly after having updated the software/firmware a few weeks ago!   I've done all the hocus pocus with logging out and restarting my phone and it still doesn't do it.  Everything work but the number of steps per hour.  I have reminders turned on.  It just logged me having done 8800 steps yesterday without a single hour of more than 250 steps, which is a numerical impossibility, in addition to the fact that I walked a mile with my kids and the dog after dinner. The watch gets it right, but the app won't refresh that specific stat and tile.  What to do now?  It's frustrating and a little demotivating.  It also isn't vibrating with a reminder, either, I think.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @SunsetRunner Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for the steps you've followed prior to posting. If you haven't done so, I recommend trying to turn off reminders to move and then turn them back on. For instructions, please check the following link under: How do I turn reminders to move on or off on my Fitbit device?

If that doesn't work, my best recommendation is that you please contact our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

Please make sure to provide a brief explanation of the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer