Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps sync to new device from old Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had a Charge 2 for a few years - never had a problem with it. And I still don’t have any problems with it. I wanted an upgrade so I bought Fitbit Versa. 

I’ve been on a step Challenge - multiple days accumulating so many steps a day. I’m wondering if after I sync my Fitbit versa- will it pick up where my Charge 2 left off - like at  “Day 70” or does it go back to “0”?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @penofvirtue your steps go with your account, no matter which device you have set up to track them. When you set up, be sure to remove the old Charge and get it out of range while you set up the new Versa. Set it up as a new device on an existing account and your history will be there to continue with you on the journey.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @penofvirtue!  I don't think anyone can answer your question about your step challenge.  Fitbit removed all challenges and adventures and there's no way of knowing what might happen in a third party challenge.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I appreciate your reply. Here’s to continued health and wellbeing.

Cheers!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Greetings,

I replied to an earlier post, thinking I would lose ‘my steps’ - but thought I’d forge ahead and at least try . . . Thank you for your response, and for giving me confidence that it would be a seamless.

During my set up I made sure my old Charge was not near - and actually deleted the device, then added my new Versa. With the exception of my initial WiFi connection, setup was easy. Initially, it did not ‘trace my steps’ but once I turned off my iPhone and turned it back on - everything synced. (I have an iPhone XR).

So far, so good - I like the bigger screen and added features of the Versa 2, which for me is an upgrade! (from Charge 2).
Best Answer

@penofvirtue I've changed Fitbits over the years and never lost a step, yet each time I was keeping an eye on my steps. Glad you got it set up.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge the Charge 2 > open Fitbit app and select Account > Set up a Device > enter PIN from Charge 2 into app.
Sync Charge 2 from app by selecting Account in top-left > choose Charge 2 > select Sync Now or All Day Sync.

Regards,

Diana

Best Answer
0 Votes