Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped working altogether

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve been using my new Fitbit Charge 2 for almost 2 weeks. 2 days ago it slowed down, time was half hour out and I couldn’t flick my wrist to view anything or tap the screen to view. I went home thinking it might need charging, even though it said it still had charge. It then synced with the app and time fixed itself. I charged it for awhile but wasn’t charging. I left it overnight and still nothing. I read a few of other ppl’s problems and tried resetting by holding button down while on charge. I took it off charge and finally said charge was full. But the green lights no longer turn on so it’s not tracking anything. I tried resetting again but still nothing. Others suggested turning notifications off. I’ve turned almost everything off, but defeats the purpose and I can’t  use it to its full potential. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to resolve it?? 

Im pretty disappointed with these problems. This is my first Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Juan. I tried everything. Turns out there was something wrong with my tracker. I received a new one today. Fingers crossed I won’t have any more issues 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@SunsetRunner It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Charge 2 stopped turning on even though you have restarted and charged it overnight. Please check out Alvaro's post which explains how to clean your tracker. This is helpful since your tracker's contacts can accumulate dust which doesn't allow your tracker to get charged properly. After this, restart your Charge 2 again a few times in a row and see if it turns on.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Juan. I tried everything. Turns out there was something wrong with my tracker. I received a new one today. Fingers crossed I won’t have any more issues 🙂

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thanks for getting back and keeping me updated! I'm so glad to hear that you received a replacement unit.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there, 

last week the digital display on my Charge 2 quit working although it was still tracking my activity, sleep, etc. I tried rebooting, let the battery completely die then recharged, etc & nothing. This morning I woke up & nothing; it is no longer tracking anything, the battery does not hold a charge, etc. what are my options at this point? Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Momcat413 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response and I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 2 stopped charging and turning its display on. Thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

I'll forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes