Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopwatch Issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, How can I get my Fitbit Charge2 to stop going to sleep every 10 seconds in stopwatch mode

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Forums @GWRGirlSmiley Very Happy Let me see if I understood. So your Charge 2 is automatically turning ON the stopwatch mode at every few seconds? If this is the case, let me suggest you something, please perform a restart by following the instructions in this post. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sorry for the confusion, what I meant was, when I am using the stopwatch the screen goes black after just 10 seconds and I have to tap to see it again and it continues to go black every 10 seconds

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @GWRGirl! I got you! Let me explain to you that this behavior is totally normal. After you press and hold the button to start the stopwatch, after 9 seconds, the display turns off, but you can turning it on by tapping or by pressing the button. So you don'r have to worry, because that is how the Charge 2 works. 😉

If you have further questions, let me know! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

You cannot prevent screen from going dark, but can also turn it on via wrist turn, I assume requiring you have "quick view" turned on, i.e. similar to turning wrist to view screen during normal usage.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

why have a stopwatch if you cant view it  what a joke might aswell use your phone instead 😂

Best Answer

Agreed!

I keep a clock-face with an analog sweep on my phone, and couple that with a metronome app timed at 60 bpm. Even then, I hate to interrupt a hold to see where i'm at, and sometimes I lose count of the beats on longer holds, or if there is a distraction at the gym.

I'm not sure the folks at Fitbit are actually using the stopwatch, themselves. If they were, I would think they would understand the problem with having to tap (needs two hands, rarely works the first tap) and with having to wiggle (hold may involve holding position (duh) ). 

Plus they would notice the terrible pulse meter. Rarely during my workouts is it within 50 bpm, even placing the unit carefully as per instructions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes