Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on smiley face

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 3 won't move off of smiley face.  No vibrations, no missing lines on the screen.  Just the freaking smiley face.  I had it on charge for an hour, tried the reboot.  Nothing happens.  It just keeps smiling at me like a bad impression of Jack Nicholson in The Shinning.  

Please tell me I don't have to send this watch back to the manufacturer.  I bought one for me and one for my wife.  (My wife's is fine so far) That would suck. 

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Brad16105  Oh dear, not sounding good. Try a Long Restart. If that doesnt fix it then please  come back here.

CHARGE 3 LONG RESTART
Plug the device into the charging cable. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds. Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen. Remove the device from the charging cable. Plug the device into the charging cable again. The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

now the watch doesn't do anything but vibrate.  nothing shows up on the face.  i have only had this for a month, i might just return it to the store if i can't get this figured out.

Best Answer

I have flagged your post for a moderators assistance.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Brad16105 welcome aboard, I'm happy to assist you with the situation experienced with your Charge 3 device, my apologies for the delay in responding your post. Thanks for sharing this with me @NellyG, your help is appreciated.

@Brad16105 Thanks for your patience and effort troubleshooting this. I was informed by our Support team that they already provided you with assistance regarding this situation. That said, please contact them back if you require further assistance.

Let me know if you have any additional questions too, I'll be here.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I did the whole put it on the charger button 15 seconds screen goes black and put it back. But now it is just a black screen and I can’t get it to do anything. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you

Best Answer

I am having the same problem for the last three days.  Help!

Best Answer

I am having the same problem! I just opened mine up and it got stuck on a smiley face, never synced, and only went downhill from there. Now no smiley, no green lights, and no reaction when "charging" except when I press the button on side I get a small blip vibrate. After all the resetting I could find I'm at a loss. Am I doing something wrong?!

Best Answer
You need to contact Fitbit. They will send you a new unit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again! It's a pleasure to continue providing assistance, sorry for the delay in responding your posts. Welcome to the Community Forums @Jessikeyta @SunsetRunner @Vennse1. Nice to see you again participating @Brad16105, thanks for your post and suggestion.

I appreciate all the information and details that were shared in each of your posts. My best advise for this situation will be to try the restart process on your devices following the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: How do I restart my Fitbit device? and then, try the long restart process that was shared on @NellyG's post.

If your Charge 3 devices are still unresponsive, please get in touch with our Customer Support team to receive further assistance just as @Brad16105 suggested. You can also contact me directly and I will contact them for you guys.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit Charge 3 s also stuck on the smiley face. I read a suggestion to keep the button pressed won for 15 secs whilst plugged into the charger but unable to do that as the charger wraps around the device

I've only had this device for 2 months. Ugh

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this several times...nothing happens, just the freakin smiley face

Best Answer
0 Votes

I put my Fitbit on the charger and hold button for 8 seconds and smiley face comes on, then it disappears and fitbit wont turn on. I did this several times. Please help...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I put my Fitbit on the charger and hold button for 8 seconds and smiley face comes on, then it disappears and fitbit wont turn on. I did this several times. Please help...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, i have the exact same issue with tje charge 4. Restarting won't help. Any advise on what to do? 

Best Answer