Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOO SENSITIVE!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My FItBit is too sensitive or something. 

I complete my 250 steps just by sitting at my computer. 

I walked 16,000 steps while 4-wheeling. 

While this all all looks good for my step goal, it’s FAR from accurate. 

I went through all all the settings to see if there was anything I can change and I couldn’t find anything. 

Any suggestions?

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

There is a setting for it but default its not on the sensitive setting.

I have it on my left arm and set it to "dominate" (even thou its not)

Mostly due to being in Australia where the gear stick is on the left for driving and there is more moment with my left that the right. 

I think it pays to remember this isnt a camera that is watching what your doing, it works on moment. Was the 4-Wheeling over ruff terrain? there's bound to be a lot of movement regardless making it think your being active with a higher heart rate also. (unless it was a boring ride? lol)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both myself and daughter realised our charge 3's were far too sensitive. It has definitely helped by having it on the non dominant wrist, but setting it to say it's on the dominant one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey,  I had a similar problem with the over counting of steps compared to the HR Alto. I did what the fitbit bot said and restarted and started to wear my Charge 3 at least an inch away from my wrist down my arm and the sensitivity has gone down. I am counting the steps on par with how the HR Alto worked. It looks like you shouldn't have the fitbit tight around your wrist or too loose on your arm as it makes it over sensitive. keep it tight in the position the fitbit instructions tell you to do and the over sensitive counting steps goes away. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Actually, nothing helps to make my Charge  3 count steps even somewhat closer to reality. I am waiting for somebody who will place one-to-one photo comparisons with Alta HR. Fitbit team continues to claim that algorithm is same. Well, it may be same but sensitivity is obviously different. Such a disappointment. I am afraid  that also  some of devices are more sensitive than the others. 

Best Answer

Hey I’m happy mine is working again now that I am wearing it properly on my arm. Today I did my normal route to work and home and reached the exact same amount of steps even hitting the 10,000 steps mark just as turned onto my street. Don’t have it too loose, wear it tight and avoid having it loose around your wrist or moving up and down your arm. This worked for me. Hopefully you will try it if you want to keep the charge 3. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think in general it can be very erratic. For the sleep tracker, I wore it in the said spot down my arm, gave an ok reading.

Wore it on my wrist joint, gave a great reading and the watch showed stats! (the only time its done it)

Wore it in the same spot, poor reading. Wore it loose again and did ok, then last night wore it so tight i had a dent imprinted in my skin - poor reading. Maybe its it just needs a few days in the same spot to settle kinda thing?

Best Answer

I got my Charge 3 in October last year and all winter thought it was reading way to high, but as I usually walk a lot it was difficult to prove. Now I have had a foot operation and am on crutches, so have been VERY restricted since early Feb.

My FitBit Charge 3 is consistently way over any reasonable approximation of my steps - I reckon usually by 15% to 20%, but this is an unscientific estimate.

I wear it on my non-dominant wrist, but have tried the dominant one and it is the same. I have also looked through these posts and tried all sorts of things but with no success. My wife has an Alta which seems consistently reading realistic and believable step counts, even when we walk together.

I fully understand that it will never, and could never, be 100% accurate, but right now I'd be overjoyed to get within 10% regularly which in the 21st century should not be beyond the wit of man!

Quite honestly it is totally pointless currently due to the level of inaccuracy. 

As far as I can see FitBit seem to not care about what is evidently a problem for many of us, which is a shame as they will loose their market position in time. Point being FitBit, please do not reply simply blaming the consumer usage, or that you use the same software or hardware or whatever. I fully believe you if you say so, but the situation in the real world is that for many of us the Charge 3 is simply not performing within reasonable parameters and you are not helping us work it out!

Best Answer

Fitbit seems to have stopped caring. It is evident by their stock price which is done from a year ago and way down from 5 years ago. If they paid attention to customer concerns that might change. It is obvious the testing on the Charge 3 was faulty and it is way to sensitive. But as usual they will blame the consumer. Maybe it is time to start a facebook campaign to let everyone know now inaccurate the Chare 3 is???

Best Answer

I’ve tried everything I can find too. I’ve been with FitBit since the original clip-on that tracked your progress with a growing flower display! It’s helped me tremendously over the last ten years, but reading that I’ve burned 2,000 calories before noon simply by driving my car is worthless.  Sadly, I think my next FB will track my progress with a tree-grown fruit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got 65 steps while sitting and tying shoes.

Best Answer

My FB Versa 3 is over sensitive, and this forum seems to be dead. Did anyone figure it all out?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi - this post seems to have gone dead as FitBit didn't seem to care about
this issue, though as I researched it became clear that there is a problem.

I stopped using my FitBit because it was laughably inaccurate. Interestingly
I have tried it again in the last few days, hoping there was some kind of
software update but it still looks like it is rubbish.

Regards

John
Best Answer
0 Votes